Author Topic: M&R iImage.....  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
M&R iImage.....
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
The new DTS we are getting...cant wait to install it.....training is complete!!!

Sam

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R iImage.....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
Good move!!! Let us know how it all goes. How many screens a day were you doing when you decided it was time?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »
Dave...we do about 20-30 a day now....but it isnt just about the screen count..it is about other factors as well...burn time, artist time on film printing ( higher cost than our screen guy ) no pin holes ect....but you know all that....

we are excited to get it in house.

Sam

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »
Sam you make me sick you always getting sh!T, anyways I,m wish ya good luck and hope it all paids off for you guys.

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
always moving forward....always....

sam

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »
always moving forward....always....

sam

Sam that's just inertia. ;)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
Sam, you see the big picture. I just have a lot of people ask me about screen numbers. You'll realize saving you haven't even thought about. You think you're kicking ass now? Just you wait. DTS and Tri-Loc = Ultra quick set ups! I'm sure you have done it already, but make sure your press tolerances are tight, just like your screens.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
Dave...thanks..I do...I am not a screen printer...I am a dude who uses screenprinting as a vehicle to make money....plus I have a lot of great people behind me...thanks for being one of them..

Sam

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
Congrats.

I've been knocking around the ROI numbers for several years now with the Kiwo I-jet, M&R's I-screen, and the 18 different versions/brands of the old I-jet and I think we would benefit greatly with DTS but my gut tells me we aren't there yet.  Film is so cheap and we are very efficient in that process of printing the film and producing stencils and the ROI's that I keep getting are a lot longer than I'd like.  Every time I crunch the numbers I'm surprised on how little we spend each year on film, ink and maintenance on the old inkjet.  I think the main reason I'd want to implement one in our shop is to increase production capacity.  We are busy as hell but we always manage to get everything out the door and no overtime.

I'll be calling you in a few months Sam, it's nice to have another forum member with this technology under their roof.  This is without a doubt one of the next investments for our shop and this technology is going to change things for us mid sized shops really soon.  I wish it were a little cheaper but I know the price will start to drop in the next 24-36 months to where most of us will be able to entertain the idea of having a DTS printer.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
sam, since M&R doesn't have that on their site yet, what are the specs?

What type of print heads are in there?

How fast can it image a screen?

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »
Hi Sam
We are moving straight for this as well!!  I think M&R has 3 models of this. Does this one have Epson heads or RICOH heads. The one we want will do upwards of 200 screens a shift (I'm told). M&R has one in R&D that will do 350 a day as well - I think. Seems as it is all about extra RICOH heads. More heads - more speed.
Ron