Author Topic: format to save in PS to work in Corel X4  (Read 1772 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
format to save in PS to work in Corel X4
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »
Ok I made a font in PS now what format do I save it in to work with corel without it being a bitmap? I tried the eps. DCS 1 and DCS2 . Can it be done? Thanks in advance

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Re: format to save in PS to work in Corel X4
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Ok I made a font in PS now what format do I save it in to work with corel without it being a bitmap? I tried the eps. DCS 1 and DCS2 . Can it be done? Thanks in advance
I dont Know but I think Your screwed...Why in the world would make a font in ps, corel work just fine to make fonts.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
more brushes to choose from....

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
I'm not sure what your asking for.  Any (file) created in Photoshop and put into another program is still going to be a bitmap (no matter the format you save it in).

A eps, psd, DCS1 or 2, .tif .pdf .jpg are all still a bitmap. Bitmap just means it's made up of pixels and not math like vector.

Maybe you want to convert it into vector art?  So, that should be a jpg, .tif or a psd to convert to vector (I would guess).

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online aauusa

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
if you have made a font and want to use it in corel as a font then you must save each letter a a seperate bitmap.  and use a font creating program to make each letter of the font.  I use high logic font creator.  You can import the bitmaps into each letter space and then save as a ttf file to then be installed as a font.  Lot of work to do but that is why fonts can be so expensive.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »
Interesting. I didn't look at his post like that but you might be right. Good thought.

By the way,  I saw the sketch for your new fest tee.  Looks awesome!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Thanks for all the replies no I am not making an entire font collection just 2 words.... Dan I knew PS saved as bitmap but did not know if there was a way you could save it in a specific format to where you could ungroup in Corel without tracing. I got it done but was looking for an eaiser way.... or shortcut :D and after making the font with just 2 words I have figured out that the folks who make all those fonts don't get paid enough! no wonder they come up with some of those names they use there brain dead :) Thanks again for the help to all

Online aauusa

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:42:47 AM »
Interesting. I didn't look at his post like that but you might be right. Good thought.

By the way,  I saw the sketch for your new fest tee.  Looks awesome!

Man I have not seen it yet.  :)