Author Topic: New Interchange MD8 Just Arrived!!!  (Read 2993 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

New Interchange MD8 Just Arrived!!!
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
The truck just pulled up so away we go putting this bad boy together.

60" belt
10' infeed
12' chamber
4' outfeed

Looking forward to no more bottlenecks!

If anyone of you with 12' of heat want to let me know what you set your temps at and speed at (i.e., letting me know how long they stay in the 12' heat chamber) for plastisol prints and waterbase/discharge, that would be great. 

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New Interchange MD8 Just Arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
good for you! great purchase, those guys just helped me out too -awesome crew. . .one hell of a dryer
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
I'll have to look on monday, but I think we were running about 370 and the belt speed at 30.  you can find the sweet spot quick on this thing though

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
Pics when assembled ASAP.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
:jealous:
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
Will get more pics up shortly.  So, we had a vastex Econo Red 1 before, and I'm used to having the shirts come out at 360-390 at the end of the dryer.  For 12' of heat, what temps do you guys shoot for at the exit with a standard plasitisol print for complete cure? 

Thanks

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
Here are a couple pics as requested.  Just finished 600 shirts front and back and here are a couple things now on our to do list:

1.  Change out the single wall ducting for double wall because that stuff gets HHHOOOTTTT!!!
2.  We may need to tighten up where the chambers connect because we were getting what appears to be some heat escape though it stopped later into the run so maybe this can be attributed to "break-in time" and was not actually heat escape.  We will keep an eye on this.
3.  Run a line from the rotary screw compressor because the automatic tracking (which requires air that we were not aware of when we added this optional feature) kicked on our pancake compressor enough to drive us nuts since it was three feet from us.
4.  Throw that shirt on the drier as sloppy as you want because the days of folding the shirt to the size of the design to increase throughput are over!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
Watch that exhaust pipe... it's HOT.

How long from order to deliver?  I've heard of some long delivery times from these guys.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
I can't remember, but I thought my delivery took less time than it took to secure funding.  I didn't think it took long at all.

And yes, double wall and insulate that pipe.  You will thank yourself for that one.  Also, mine came with insulation on the lower flex pipe, see if you can find some high temp stuff to wrap that in.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
Thanks for the pics. That thing is awesome. I hope to someday own the smaller version of that dryer. Interchange is located a few towns from us so it seems like the right choice eventually. I heard they sell used TAS autos as well.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
Here are a couple pics as requested.  Just finished 600 shirts front and back and here are a couple things now on our to do list:

1.  Change out the single wall ducting for double wall because that stuff gets HHHOOOTTTT!!!
2.  We may need to tighten up where the chambers connect because we were getting what appears to be some heat escape though it stopped later into the run so maybe this can be attributed to "break-in time" and was not actually heat escape.  We will keep an eye on this.
3.  Run a line from the rotary screw compressor because the automatic tracking (which requires air that we were not aware of when we added this optional feature) kicked on our pancake compressor enough to drive us nuts since it was three feet from us.
4.  Throw that shirt on the drier as sloppy as you want because the days of folding the shirt to the size of the design to increase throughput are over!

Do not let a hired puller see #4 and take it too literally. You will end up with some toasty high spots!  :o
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »
actually you won't with gas.  that's what's cool.  the whole chamber is the same temp.  now, the ink smears just as well when it rubs against the infeed and outfeed damper

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
Seems to me that we still had some scorches hanging in the sun when I worked in a place with big ol' American gas dryers, but then again, they had IR panels as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
Sooooooooooooooooooo jealous.  That is all.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
That is some serious crap.