Author Topic: Miami screen supply ink  (Read 23697 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Miami screen supply ink
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Alan this is more for you but I figured it is a good idea to start a post on this site about the white ink I been hearing about.

As read on the other site Miami's smooth white is about $180 for five gallons, thats damn cheap! Many their say it works awesome, i know you bought some to test how has that gone for you? I am going to pull the trigger and order a fiver today and try for myself.

Just a note if this white is really that good for that price I wanted to make sure all the other members here can also hear about it, knowing not everyone visits DS
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Miami screen supply ink
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
Not to cast aspersions on MSS in the least, but I seem to remember that the recommendation came from a certain guy in Idaho with (to me) a credibility gap so big that Evel Knievel turned down a challenge to jump it! The ink may be great, but I remember other things that he raved about as well at one time which turned out to be complete losers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
I've used 2 gallons of the smooth and I bought a five gallon of the superior.  I think most shops will prefer the smooth but I like the superior cause it's a little thicker and I can manipulate it more if I want to.  This stuff is so good for the price.  I won't say it's better than a lot of the other popular whites, but I think it's "as good" as all of them and even better than some, and at $180/5 gal, it's going to become popular around here I think.  It has better than average opacity and it flashes fast, average bleed resistance from what I can tell (haven't tried it on major bleeders yet) so it does all the major things well.  It's not short bodied so it won't climb the squeegee, I can't really say anything bad about it.  My only concern is why is it so damn cheap?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
At $180 for five gallons, that's $30 a gallon (obviously). What do you usually pay for your other whites?
I can't compare in that quantity since I buy only gallons,, but shouldn't a five gallon container cost about the same as four individual gallons (or less)?
I pay from $34 to $42 a gallon for the the various whites I have bought over the last year.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
At $180 for five gallons, that's $30 a gallon (obviously). What do you usually pay for your other whites?
I can't compare in that quantity since I buy only gallons,, but shouldn't a five gallon container cost about the same as four individual gallons (or less)?
I pay from $34 to $42 a gallon for the the various whites I have bought over the last year.

That is $36/gallon

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
Not to cast aspersions on MSS in the least, but I seem to remember that the recommendation came from a certain guy in Idaho with (to me) a credibility gap so big that Evel Knievel turned down a challenge to jump it! The ink may be great, but I remember other things that he raved about as well at one time which turned out to be complete losers.

I agree but others chimed in after him with praises so it seems to have merit, especially with Alan signing off on it.

My gallons of wilflex cost about $60 and over a hundred for poly whites.
"No man is an island"

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »

Hey guys, Evel Knievel here and I have turned on about 10 people in the last month to Smooth White and they all said they will buy it and love it.  Frog you would love it. Manual shops can use it too!
If you think I lack credibility ask Brian from Middle Town Ink what he thinks!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
Perhaps its not the lack of credibility but the perception of quality that he is questioning.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
Hey guys, Evel Knievel here and I have turned on about 10 people in the last month to Smooth White and they all said they will buy it and love it.  Frog you would love it. Manual shops can use it too!

Hey, I guess you are really "pushing" this "ink" :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »

Just sayin', just because back in the late '60's, Buck knives were pretty good quality, I think that they were wise to turn down that Charlie Manson endorsement.

You have a new screen name, (and a new equipment brand loyalty), and we let you back on here. But to me, I can't help but think that you can take the boy out of Idaho, but you can't completely take the "Idaho" out of the boy.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »

That is $36/gallon

:o ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:44:35 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »

That is $36/gallon

:o ;D

[imghttp://viewfromthedolequeue.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/dunce_cap.jpg]http://[/img]

::)

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »

Just sayin', just because back in the late '60's, Buck knives were pretty good quality, I think that they were wise to turn down that Charlie Manson endorsement.

You have a new screen name, (and a new equipment brand loyalty), and we let you back on here. But to me, I can't help but think that you can take the boy out of Idaho, but you can't completely take the "Idaho" out of the boy.

You can't seem to add today or know your geography! Go ahead and watch you might learn too! ;)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
Iowa Idaho whats the difference?  ;D

And don't say potato's! 
"No man is an island"

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
Inkman, send your address and I will pay for a gallon for you. I think its that good. Kevin is a stand up guy and I would like him to have further success in his business as I do for most people who don't have an animal name.