Author Topic: OYO Goblin / DTS  (Read 1428 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
OYO Goblin / DTS
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »
Alright, so wanted to see if anyone could chime in. I've searched, searched and searched trying to find some good info on this particular machine without much luck. Other then the brochure, a youtube video at a tradeshow from SF, and tidbits here and there I cannot find much real world info about this machine. I started my shop with my brother only about 7 years ago with a manual press only doing a couple screens a day to start. Over the last few years we've grown to doing around 25-40 screens a day pretty consistently but still have days we only turn over a few screens just because the workflow at that timing. I know I'm not to the point to justify a pricy unit, even as the price tag on the goblin makes me cringe but it seems durable/production ready for my screen level. Since almost day one I've registered and taught my guys to use registration marks with a horiztonal+vertical line on the pallet and we've just taped the films to the screens prior to exposing in "close" positions of each. With my increase in production this has created a major crutch in my daily production flow when I have my guys lining up jobs. They are great press operators but just take way too long setting up jobs. This is one thing I think will help us the most so i'd like opinions on that. If anyone is using one of these machines/one similar and a tri lock pallet for the press. In my head I can imagine most all screens registered nearly perfect using a system like this nearly every setup. Is this the case or am I straight dreaming? One concern I have with this machine is 14" wide max print. I do lots of 15" wide printing for car art so this machine wouldn't cut it for that. I would need to keep our epson film printer for the larger prints we do which I'm up in the air about. I'd say 90% of our work is standard size less then 14" wide so only a small amount of the time we would need to go back to out putting films. Anyone have any opinions on this situation? From the basic math I've done on what the ribbon cost for this printer vs our current setup it would be roughly the same cost for our shop right now in out putting supplies. What I think will really help is the setup on press which is intriguing me. Mainly just curious if there's any other small-mid size shops that went through the same deal I am in now and what decision was made/what results came about. Also if anyone has real world experience with this machine or one in the same ballpark as it. Thanks much Danny
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: OYO Goblin / DTS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
Sam's posted about his new M&R Image I think its called, you might check with him I know he check's all that out. i am sure he check Kiwo and Oyo's system.Here is post http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,4341.0.html  I dont think it has the limits of 14" either.

Shane