Author Topic: The new toys!  (Read 934 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
The new toys!
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
As a few of you knew, I was buying a used CCI 48x48 HD washout booth.  I kind of kept it under wraps as it was a good deal and I didn't want anyone sniping it from me.

$650 + $250 crating, but it was in MN!  BUT they have a Dallas shop and would send it there for free and I'd just pay freight from Dallas ($240).  They also had the CCI Dip and Strip and would ship it all together for only the price of the tank $250.  Well, that could work and I'm about to pull the trigger and the guy called me about that repo I posted about.

He offered to pay me (very small amount) to bring 80% of a shop to Dallas and then I could just pick up my stuff no freight or crate!  Hmm... let me do the some numbers.

I did the math and told him to trade me the booth straight up and he couldn't (two different companies) but threw out an offer of $900 to bring the gear up there.  So I took it!

Then I realized we were going 25% of the way there for vacation soon!

All in all, I loaded the broke down the gear and loaded the trailer up in a few hours then had 5 hours (one way) past my vacation spot to get to Dallas.  I left the cabin at 11am and got back at 11pm and got paid CASH!

Cut the guys a check for $900 (taxes you know ;)  ) and came back a LOT lighter than I left and pretty damn happy!  Even picked up a couple of quarts of emulsion samples.

So I got a killer deal and it only cost me a few more bucks in gas than it would have normally cost me and took up a day that sucked on the vacation (it rained while I was gone) and I still did some fishing that morning before I left. ;)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: The new toys!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
Put that dip tank on a couple five gallon buckets filled with water. That way you can drain it when necessary.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
Nice.  I want both of those.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
I really like the Dip tank. I am getting mine next month in Vegas. Can't wait to see how it works.

Offline starchild

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »
What's up Gilligan!

I want to get one of those dip tanks as well. I'm concerned however that the black
bolts on my MZX's will rust up in the dip tank and ruin the reclaim solution (warning from Franmar). I'm thinking
maybe I have to buy a bunch of stainless steel bolts and change them out  :-\

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
Haven't had any rust issues with any of the newman frames, new or old, but, some of the older ones that have open ends under the bolts, you need to make sure the teflon o-ring is in so that they don't fill with liquid. The newer frames are closed in so they don't have the potential. The black bolts, if they are from newer versions are actually coated with a ceramic no-seeze compound, so they will protect from corrosion.

Nice tank and booth Gil, you are gonna love the ease of dippin/strippin!!!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com