Author Topic: shop redo  (Read 946 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
shop redo
« on: July 20, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
so ive been pretty busy this week. I built a new washout booth for about $180. Built a dip tank for about $80. Rearranged my shop to flow a lot better. I work out of my three car garage but only about 2/3 of it due to my wife wanting her car pulled inside at night. In the middle of all of this I get this big ass order of 1000 shirts (biggest order to date) thank God they dont need them shipped out until the 25th. But anyway the washout booth is made from a double wash tub, 3/8 plasti-core board in which i scored on one side of the bends to keep the seal-able seems to a minimum. Only seams are at the wash tub to plasti-core areas which i sealed with hot glue. Dip tank is made from wood,fiber glass, lots of resin, brackets, liquid nails, and wheels. So far so good, the wash out booth is a major improvement of the other pos. i moved everything that has to do with screen to one wall in a line, lay out table,exposure unit, dry cabinet,washout booth and dip tank. Before every thing was in different areas and a bitch to expose and washout screens while mongering around the press and other crap like kids toys, bikes, and cars. Its tough fitting a screen printing shop in one side of a garage. I dont know what im going to do when i get an auto...oh yeah thats right move and build a big ass garage....one day soon

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: shop redo
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »
I think I'd put a liner in the wooden diptank.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
I think I'd put a liner in the wooden diptank.
well ive seen to guy on youtube make the same thing with out a liner. Besides what kind of liner, wouldnt float?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
How would the liner float?

The liner keeps the water INSIDE it.  If you have 30 gallons of water that's 240 lbs... I'm willing to bet not much will get that liner up at that point. ;)