Author Topic: Epson Experts ~ 7600 Help  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Clark

Epson Experts ~ 7600 Help
« on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:51 AM »
I picked up a used 7600 yesterday, and it's been sitting in a hot print shop for the last year and a half.  To my surprise after one head cleaning from the control panel, all heads are working somewhat.  I read that if you run 5-6 consecutive head cleanings and nozzle checks that each progressive cleaning will get stronger.  Only problem is when I open up the system preferences and go to the 7600 there is no utility tab for me to perform a nozzle check or head cleaning.  I am running OSX.  Any help with finding the utility, or on cleaning the heads is appreciated.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson Experts ~ 7600 Help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
Don't have OCX and don't have an Epson, but did some surfing anyway.  God I love the internet, lol.

Try browsing some of these links and maybe something will help -

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/56107

http://www.jesseheap.com/dye-sublimation-clogged-heads.php
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »
Here's a follow-up. 

A pdf from EPSON for the specifications to download. 

http://ftp.epson.com/pdf/pro76u/pro76upg.pdf

Looks like Nozzle check is done using the printer control, not the software....I think.....see page 8.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Clark

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
I had looked at the first two links, but didn't see that third one.  It's weird that that info wasn't in the manual that I received.  I appreciate it, I followed the instructions and after alternating a nozzle check and cleaning 4 times I now have a perfectly functional Epson 7600....that I scored for $300!  SWEET!

Now just gotta get this driver issue figured out.

Thanks for the help!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:15:22 PM »
perfectly functional Epson 7600....that I scored for $300!  SWEET!

That is one hell of a score!   :D
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline squeezee

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
Fine printer, I have played with a few, pm me.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
I figured instead of starting a new thread, I would just add my questions to this one. I just picked up a 7600 with 220 ml carts, chromablast and sublijet carts though they are for a 4880, 4 extra 220 ml carts, a case of 12x16 manila job envelopes, a lamination machine and paper which I have no clue what to do with and a new maintenance tank and a roll of photo paper for $175. After a couple head cleanings the thing prints perfect.

First question would be can this only print on 24" rolls?

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
I suppose it might be because you are excited, but I am having a hard time parsing your question about the roll printing.  I have a 10600 which is a similar printer from the same generation. Your printer may be 24" wide, but it will go down to at least 8.5x11 sheets if you so wish to feed each sheet by hand. If I needed to print a bunch of 8.5" wide stuff, I would just get a roll small enough for it to make sense.

One really small annoyance is that the smallest sheet size it will accept is 8.5x11. By that I mean that, if I had an a5 something, I would still have to print it letter sized on the roll or whatever. I guess it seems odd because I can send any size to my RIP, no matter how small.

As for the cleaning and all that, I think that people in general don't realize how much better these machines work than the thing that sits on their desktop, gathering dust. For that, I am grateful.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 12:23:08 AM »
The reason I asked is the guy i picked it up from knew absolutely nothing about it. It was donated to a church and the church was selling it to raise money for a missions trip. so i jumped on the internet to find out how to go thru the setting and do nozzle checks and print test pages and came across a forum where a guy said it could only take a 24" roll.

Im glad to hear that's false. Thanks

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
Got this form epson on page 2
http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro76u/pro76upg.pdf

says different hope this helps.
Shane

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
If you mean sheet size, it doesn't say different.