Author Topic: Mesh Count Identifying  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Mesh Count Identifying
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
Strange maybe it is the way we wash our screens I have tried over the years many label systems and even spray painted enamel numbers on the frames and they always washed off. Pocono has some type of stamp they use right on the frame and it never washes off wish i knew what the ink was,.

Other than industrial Sharpies, the best thing I've found is Dymo embossed labels. They DO NOT come off, even in the dip tank, and the embossed lettering can't be washed out.

http://sites.dymo.com/Solutions/Pages/Product_Details.aspx?SegmentName=Home%28DYMO_US1%29&cat=Home_EmbossingLabelMakers%28DYMO_US1%29&prod=12965%28DYMO%29&page=1

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Printwizard

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »
Engraved Formica screwed or glued to frames.

Offline ol man

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
A small piece of colored duct tape...orange is 160s, purple is 200s...and so on.  Ive tried industrial markers and label but for us this works the best

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »
I have started cutting numbers with my vinyl cutter and applying them to the frame, and cover those with either packing tape or regular scotch tape (either one holds up fine). I place them on one side only and in the same spot on the same side of the frame. When the screens in the rack are right-side up and on the left-hand side, I know they are coated and ready to go. Any other way is uncoated.

Ditto on the vinyl cut , but we haven't had to bother with the packing tape, but then we don't have the diptank....yet.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
Got roller frames..

different colored zip ties on opposing corners.

have static frames.. you're on your own.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »
finger nail polish on the mesh, you get to pick the color that suits your mesh code and eye color. Put it on the mesh in the softened area of the corners.
We find marking the frame gets to be a problem when we remesh with a different mesh count and have to change the code on the frame.

sharpie with a coating of clear fingernail polish or super glue.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.