Author Topic: Mesh Count Identifying  (Read 5949 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Mesh Count Identifying
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
I have a large inventory of the new panel frames. I got really lazy and counted on the printed mesh count on the corner of the panels. Lately they are getting much harder to read and some i cannot even read anymore so I have to use the mesh determiner tool.

Well today I decided I need to mark them better, I was going to head to staples and by color stickers. Then it dawned on me.

My 110's are now next day air
My 160's are now 2nd day airs
My 200's are now third day airs

Yep used free labels from UPS. I put one on opposite corners and covered with clear tape for extra insurance.

Thought I would share.

P.S no need to see color in your dark room since each label has type on it. I stuck directly on the wall each label and wrote the mesh count it signifies.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mesh Count Identifying
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
UPS has been notified of the illegal use of their labels.  You will be receiving a bill.

That is actually a good idea.  I might have to steal that one.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
I might have to steal that one

Then i will forward you the bill from UPS ;D
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
if you send it via mail, it will never get here.  ;D

I love recycling things like that.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
What's next, turning USPS boxes inside out?

Good idea though.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
hey Mike...want more panelframes? smokin deal...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 05:16:43 PM »
Nice.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
Industrial Sharpie.

http://www.sharpie.com/enNZ/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=SharpieIndustrialFineExtraFine%28Sharpie%20Catalog%29

Most haze removers I've used have no effect on it.

I do some work for a urology office here in town and they use those markers to right on the "sample" cups.  Only marker that will stay on those cups.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
I just use a permanent marker on the short sides of our frames and put a strip of packing tape over the number.  Surprisingly the packing tape never comes off and the number is always legible, even through the dip tank.  I've read about many different ways to keep track of your mesh counts and I like the color coded ideas and they are all good in their own way.  The way we do it works great but it's simple and boring.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:35:01 PM »
I just use a permanent marker on the short sides of our frames and put a strip of packing tape over the number.  Surprisingly the packing tape never comes off and the number is always legible, even through the dip tank.  I've read about many different ways to keep track of your mesh counts and I like the color coded ideas and they are all good in their own way.  The way we do it works great but it's simple and boring.

I write the mesh count and thread diameter on the lower left corner of the mesh, above where any corner tape will go. Then to the right of that, the tension reading at each tensioning and re-tensioning.

So a screen might read   "180/55   20.28.35.38.40"

Simple.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
I have started cutting numbers with my vinyl cutter and applying them to the frame, and cover those with either packing tape or regular scotch tape (either one holds up fine). I place them on one side only and in the same spot on the same side of the frame. When the screens in the rack are right-side up and on the left-hand side, I know they are coated and ready to go. Any other way is uncoated.

Yeah, Im a bit OCD about some things. One benefit with this is that if I ever have the frame remeshed with a different mesh count, the labels peel off easily.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:40 AM »
hey Mike...want more panelframes? smokin deal...

Hell yea send me an email with details!
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
Why did I not know industrial sharpies existed?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
Strange maybe it is the way we wash our screens I have tried over the years many label systems and even spray painted enamel numbers on the frames and they always washed off. Pocono has some type of stamp they use right on the frame and it never washes off wish i knew what the ink was,.
"No man is an island"