Author Topic: Old Gauntlet Mac Valve Bank Photo  (Read 1000 times)

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
Old Gauntlet Mac Valve Bank Photo
« on: July 30, 2012, 02:46:40 PM »
We have a 91 gauntlet and I took the bank of Mac valves for the chop cylinders (needed to get at #1 which is the last valve in the bank - far right) apart w/o taking pictures first.  Does anyone have an older Gauntlet and would you be kind enough to post or pm a picture a picture of the chop valve bank?  There is a black rubber gasket which i let jump out on me.  Now I've got the gasket by the end plate and a major leak in the exhaust.  We have our flash on 2 and i think remembering that the gasket goes on one side or other of the 2nd Mac valve.  Any pictures or info would be appreciated.  I've tried M&R and couldn't get an exploded view of that bank.
Thanks,

steve
steve

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Old Gauntlet Mac Valve Bank Photo
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
those old banks used end plates and long threaded screws to bring it all together with the gasket going between each valve and the ends plates. Find where it's missing and put it back in.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
Re: Old Gauntlet Mac Valve Bank Photo
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »
I had the right hand end plate on 180 degrees different (and wrong according to mounting screws)  from the left  hand end plate.  It was shooting air straight across the bank and out the exhaust. Thanks,
s
steve