Author Topic: Photoshop question  (Read 1163 times)

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
Photoshop question
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
Guys and gals,

Normally I work in Corel.  Recently I've had quite a few people send PS files to me which is fine.  I can usually get done what I need.  However, just about every file I open has a warning message about the font is missing.  In AI or Corel, I can tell the customers to convert the fonts to curves or outlines.  What does the customer need to do to the fonts in PS before sending it over to me to make sure we are seeing the same thing.  Even though the file opens, I'm afraid one of these days, the end file will not look like what the customer wants.  I want to be able to provide some direction. 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Photoshop question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:41 AM »
In Photoshop they have to rasterize the font.
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »
The fonts should be OK unless you tell it to update the layers with fonts (I believe that is the warning message).
If you want to revise some text, that would be a problem.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:13:27 AM »
I get those all the time. Like DK said, the type is represented, just not editable. If the file is at the proper resolution, just let PS rasterize it... if you need to edit or upsize, yep, you'll need the font, but otherwise you should be good.

It's always a good idea to send a JPEG of what it looks like on your end, just to confirm the design is coming across like they want it, all the proper layers are turned on, etc.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:23:36 AM »
I concur with DK and Z.  I got yer back buddies.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:31:25 AM »
also agreed, you either need the font on your system, or the customer has to rasterize it for you and resend. It's probably easier than asking them to send you the font...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
I got the font sending over down to a science now for may customers, I think we all get that from our customers crazy fonts.  I just have them copy paste fonts and send over, got a folder on the desktop just for them.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!