Author Topic: Gas dryer question  (Read 934 times)

Offline chubsetc

Gas dryer question
« on: August 05, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
I'm looking at getting a gas dryer to go along with a new auto, hope to purchase them together.  I am trying to weigh my options and would love input of those experienced on here.  I'm looking at either the DiamondbackXL or the HorizonXL which is basically spec'd out just like the diamondbackXL.  I do not have a huge production space so really need to fit in a gas dryer in the 16 to 18 foot range of total length and about 5 to 6 feet of total width.  I am currently a 1 man shop, doing more and more discharge/waterbased prints.  Now the question:

Mariah Dryer: said to be totally redesigned 2 years ago 38" belt, 8 ft. Heat, 280,000 BTU's seems to be spec'd comparable to the mini sprint while looking at the product info I was given.

Heatwave: 36" belt, 8.5 ft. Heat, 105,000 BTU's

Obviously price is a concern and I'm comparing these options as I can get into the Mariah for less than the Heatwave, but as any good consumer knows price isn't everything, and I want to know the real world curing differences I would expect between the 2 dryers, as well as the difference between a Heatwave and a Mini Sprint if I go the M&R route.  I want to make great informed decisions through this process and don't want regrets, in terms of specing everything out to work now and prepare for future growth.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Gas dryer question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
Interesting that the Mariah as almost 3 times the BTUs. What does that translate to in terms of cost to run / production.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
Call Winston.  904-343-0848
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »
when you're done calling Winston, enjoy your new Diamondback and mini sprint. :)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
I was a 1-man guy on a diamondback press with a heatwave dryer.. it was slow and painful as the dryer could not keep up with a large WB discharge print..

I do not recommend a heatwave for full-time WB printing as the blower inside is small and vanes clog up with lint causing the dryer to flame out only after a few months of heavy use.

I posted a picture over a year ago to back this up,let me see If I can find it..

Found it and attached.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services