Author Topic: Blown Air Line  (Read 1329 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Blown Air Line
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
Funny but I seem to have read a post about this very subject not to long ago, and I commented that I have never had a blown line since owning our press,  well yesterday I get everything up for a run and I here air leaking, turns out head five was leaking, sometimes air leaks are a mother to find, I thinking its at a connection cause thats where most of my leaks are, just pull the hose out and snap it back in and problem solved.  Not this time the hose running to the top of one the choppers had burst why I don't know, luckly I had some extra hose that Anatol sent me for repairs and 15 minutes I back up and running, first time for everything I guess.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Blown Air Line
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »
Unfortunately D, it's usually a chain reaction, where there is one, another usually follows.  This happened with our centurian.  They happened in clusters, then nothing for months, then 3-4 more in a week, etc.  Hopefully you won't have another for a while, but I'm just warning you, if one line dry rotted then others are soon to follow.  If it was just a connector then maybe it won't happen often.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
D, I'm changeing 3-5 every other week on average.  My Press was installed in 08' 8cl/10st.  A major PITA.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »
Damn, you cursed me, We blew an airline in the padprinter today, not bad considering it's age and last 10 years of trouble free hard usage.. And we bought it used tens years ago  8). Not bad for a cheap Chinese machine. Super Primex (Everbright) equip. gets the thumbs up from me.... mind you they are full of Bosch parts..

The line didn't really blow, just cracked a bit right by a fitting, undid it, snipped off 1/2" and reconnected and it's back to nice and quiet.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
The original thread might have started with me having to replace all of the air lines on my Stratus due to the fact that they were blowing out on an almost daily basis. I cannot confirm but I have it on a reliable source that cheaper air lines (tested by another manufacturer) were used at least at this time to keep the cost of the machine down. Unfortunately due to the engineering of the print heads replacing the air lines was an extensive and time consuming process that took 40 feet of new air line and an entire day with two people.The entire print heads and belt assembly were required to be taken apart, re plumbed, and put back together again.
Not to say that on occasional air lines on my M&Rs haven't blown out in my ten year absence but these machines are app fifteen ys old with many millions of impressions and quite often this was due to operator error.
If there was a point to this reply I suppose it would be to research the replacement hosing and be sure it is of the highest grade. Saving a few bucks here can cost you much more in the end.
Lastly Kudos to Rich for offering to supply me with new air line free of charge. In the end I found a local supplier around the corner and saved a couple of days downtime.
Guess I'll save that favor for later!
tp

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
I'll take the favor, Rich, can I have a new 10 color auto?  I really am not too picky on the model since you are giving it to me and all. ;)

Offline Croft

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
So it was you, I had to replace my first leaking line on my sportsman yesterday,  8)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »
Damn, you cursed me, We blew an airline in the padprinter today, not bad considering it's age and last 10 years of trouble free hard usage.. And we bought it used tens years ago  . Not bad for a cheap Chinese machine. Super Primex (Everbright) equip. gets the thumbs up from me.... mind you they are full of Bosch parts..

Sorry guys I didn't mean to curse your machine LOL, but we have had no problems with airlines in 4 plus years knock on wood.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
As was stated, one goes and then you'll have more following. A lot of times it's when it starts to heat up you'll
notice this happening more.

As for using an inferior line save money on building a press, that's just bass ackwards. Whats the savings? $20 a press?
Jeez.

Lastly, nothing aggravates me more than making replacement parts difficult to actually replace. My MHM's have to lines
in the front that run behind a the cylinder in a solid piece of metal. These flex quite a bit and are the first to go, and the
most difficult to get to.