Author Topic: MAC HELP NEEDED!  (Read 6642 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: MAC HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
Delete all the printers on the side you installed them through. (In case you installed the printer while you were in the VMware).
Install everything again on the Mac side, VMware should pull everything from Mac to the Windows side.

You said that you copied some stuff from your old PC to the Windows side and that it has disappeared or it did something stupid. Do not copy anything to the Windows side, copy directly to the Mac and you will be able to access it from Windows.
Just remember that you bought this Mac to use it as a Mac, and not to have a Mac solely to work on the Windows side. That is not what is VM made for, it is made to help run Windows only software on the Mac machine and it should be treated like that.

Hope that helps

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 02:34:37 PM »
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
even better:
Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »
Brafd I hope that was a marketing joke what a retarded thing wow.

OK back to reality

two questions

How the hell do i change my home page in safari?

And how the hell do i change the time VMware wants to do a snap shot, right now it tries to do it at 1 in the afternoon ugh.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
it's an onion news story, they do a lot of satire stuff. (i almost wrote sapphire, I need to go home)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
O)K i am done any one want to buy a brand new MAC?

The printers are going crazy, I am now up to 31 copies of the epson printer, I have zebra printers acting as eltrons , rip is not working any more, nothing is working fusion sucks, going Mac sucks I have no choice but to go back to a windows, everything we need is PC based everything.

"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »
After one day of issues with a Mac you are ready to quit?     :) (Not really a Mac issue, more of VMware and Windows on a Mac issue)

After 20 years of issues with Windows, you are ready to go back to it after one day?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 05:18:18 PM »
Its not that Dennis, VM sucks you are right not MAC. But we cant operate like this I need things working and right now I cant keep any thing working long enough to be acceptable.

VM is crazy i dont get this problem it has with printers at all.
"No man is an island"

Offline inkbrigade

MAC HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
 It's pointless to complain about what mouse ships with the Mac.

I started out with a Mac so I never missed the 2 button mouse. It's only the people that converted from pc to Mac that have an issue.

The way to solve it is to just plug in any 2 button USB mouse.

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline inkbrigade

MAC HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
Inkman call VMware support they can walk you through getting your printer recognized by windows.

Or call me Saturday 503 476 6818, we can do a screen sharing session and I'll get you hooked up.
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »
For everyone involved in this... this will be my last post about the stupid mouse debacle!

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 06:20:31 PM »
Doesnt it seem slightly counter productive to buy a Mac only to have to run Windows to get anything done?   Lmao.  I only point it out cause I felt your pain once.  Haha
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »
Inkman call VMware support they can walk you through getting your printer recognized by windows.

Or call me Saturday 503 476 6818, we can do a screen sharing session and I'll get you hooked up.

Thats a cool thing to do.

Mike dont give up yet. Everything will work out.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkbrigade

MAC HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Doesnt it seem slightly counter productive to buy a Mac only to have to run Windows to get anything done?   Lmao.  I only point it out cause I felt your pain once.  Haha

That's one way to look at it. The way I look at it is I enjoy using my Mac. I only use Windows because I have to.

If software companies would write the drivers or the applications I needed to run on the Mac, I would never use Windows.

Just because software companies have their head up their ass, why should I have to suffer by using windows as my daily operating system?

So I don't. Like I said, I use the Mac for everything I can, and windows only when required.

Actually the nice thing about this set up, is it's better than having an actual Windows PC. Windows has problems, viruses, malware, and from time to time decides to self-destruct.

This way I can keep virtual Windows machines separate from each other, and only doing one function per virtual machine.

This eliminates any software conflicts I might've had, if I installed all the software on one machine.

Also I can set the machine up to snapshot on a daily basis, so when it does get borked I can just roll back to a previous version.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »
Ink if you were in front of me I would hug you! Yu may not realize it but you just solved all my problems!

I will install two virtual windows and use one just for the rip. the other will be just the basic printers. Now I won't have strange porting issues etc. damn I am buying a beer just for you at the bar tonight!
"No man is an island"