Author Topic: Art FAIL!  (Read 1433 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Art FAIL!
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

too funny.  I seriously think I could have done a better job.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Art FAIL!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
Sad story.  That goes to show you the extent of what people really think of themselves and their capabilities and how far out of touch they can be.

It really reminds me of some feeble attempts at things early on when I was a child. Like when I would draw stick figures and everyone tells you its great, Or the first time you tried to draw a real person. Man-o-day, is that ever hard.  That is when you start to realize you can't hide your true skill level. Thus became abstract art.  LOL.  impressionism is known for hiding lesser skills in todays impressionism. All you need to do is "indicate" that it's a person or a specific item/subject and it's a winner.

People are encouraging, but if you don't learn to recognize later that you aren't really as good as they say...and that you do need to find a way to actually get that good, you can go on into your adult life believing that you are capable. Have you ever really heard someone tell you something outlandish about themselves yet they really and truly believed it?  I've seen it more than enough times.

"I aspire to be as good as my encouragers tell me I am".
So says Dot-Tone-Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
The wife and I were watching that and thinking... at what point do you say "oh sh!t, I'm in over my head"... or did she just keep going... "oops, but I can fix that"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
it really does look like a monkey, it's not even close to a human

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

too funny.  I seriously think I could have done a better job.

EPIC!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
Not to start anything, but I think that's how politicians think. "Oh yeah, I know what to do...whoops. Oh well..."

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
What a mess, looks like monkey with his tongue stuck out LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
Has anyone seen how this has taken off? Photoshop artists are having a ball with this, "restoring" all of the great masterpieces?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »
Looks good to me. When I saw it, the first words out of my mouth were. "Jesus Christ!"
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA