Author Topic: emulsions  (Read 19337 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: emulsions
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 12:38:26 PM »
if you build a relationship with your Nazdar rep, they can help you.  They have far more resources than anyone else and have always been good to me.  Thanks Nazdar.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »
I have only had 1 rep visit my shop in the past year and he gave me the best pricing, free delivery and great service out of the gate and I am small time. I would like the best price out the gate otherwise I'll find someone else to give it to me.

Yep, I got a bad taste in my mouth right now because of this exact same issue with another large manufacture.  Give me the best price out of the gate, that's all I ask.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
It's a little funny, but a fact of life. We all want "the best price out the gate", yet, when we are selling, are very concerned with "leaving money on the table".
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
We run our business with us giving the customer the best service, best quality and best price out the gate. I expect other vendors to do the same. Maybe that is the wrong way to run but I like to be fair and treat people right from the start whether they are ordering 1 shirt or a thousand.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
I was merely pointing out that it is general business behavior to buy as low as we can, and sell as high as our market will bear.

Perhaps you not in particular as you have even often been able to lowball prices compared here, but very often we see folks quite understandably asking if perhaps they did indeed leave money on the table.
I know that I have to tread lightly around Gilly, but hopefully not you too. ???  ;D

This is going far past emulsion comparisons, but did at least draw Peter out. That can only benefit all involved.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
I disagree Frog.

I always put my best foot forward.  Could I do the shirt for less?  Sure, but could they sell you the product for less as well?  Yep.

I don't give them a price that they have to haggle me down from, I give them a fair price right out of the gate.  Doesn't do me much good to price myself so high they walk away with sticker shock and go down the road to get quoted like 20% less, even if the quality of service isn't quite AS good.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
 There are 2 ways to approach pricing and what I am trying to do is make the process to purchasing screen printed apparel as easy as possible for our customers. I have had alot of customers come in and having been to other larger companies in our town say that we are so easy to work with and the large companies made them feel like they were wasting their time by gracing their front doors with potential business. Should I charge more for our service? Yes we probably should and actually have albeit slightly but we will continue to raise pricing until we get some complaints and then maybe back off.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
Well, as I said, this is going far astray from emulsions, and I'm not going to help keep it going that way any more, especially here.

On a personal note, my somewhat pink hippie hat is off to anyone who tries to sell as low as possible.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:38:54 PM by Frog »

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
I like CCI WR25 but with me 2/2 coating my little 240 watt uv exp unit its taking me 8-10 minutes to fully burn a screen.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:12 PM »
You should have bought Peter's 3140... Snooze, you lose sucka!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Is nobody running Autotype emulsions? I run Plus 8000 for all my needs, plastisol, water based, solvent and 2 part epoxy inks, even pad prink inks if that's what I need, you just need to load them up with retarder.

It seems Autotype and Murakami are the two most popular emulsions up here.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »
You should have bought Peter's 3140... Snooze, you lose sucka!
I thought about it but I need to be careful with the spending
 I'm on the expansion plan. May go Amergraph anyway.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »
I like CCI WR25 but with me 2/2 coating my little 240 watt uv exp unit its taking me 8-10 minutes to fully burn a screen.

We were using  Saati ChemTextile PV, recently started using Ulano Orange for most of out printing. Both burn pretty fast even on an the fluorescent tube type exposure unit and inexpensive. Might want to give the Orange a try to get exposures below 2 min.

Maybe it's just a rumor but I read somewhere Amergraph had gone out of business or recently discontinued their units.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »
I believe that the the reports of Amerigraph's death were premature as discussed here last month

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
It's a little funny, but a fact of life. We all want "the best price out the gate", yet, when we are selling, are very concerned with "leaving money on the table".

Agreed. Buy low, sell high.

OR

Buy low, sell reasonable to friends, sell high to strangers.

If you don't order enough product per month, do you get bumped OFF that column of pricing?  Because I have never been bumped DOWN once given priority pricing.  Which begs the question, why does it exist?

If I have a good repeat customer who regularly orders 100 tees and wants to place an order for 12, I give them the 12 piece price, simple as that. You're still my good customer, but it costs more to make 12 shirts.  If it costs more to pick and ship one gallon of emulsion vs four, charge more.  30% more? I will keep shopping.

If in the back of your mind you're saying, "well if he wants it that cheap he can just order it from ____, we don't need his business."  That's fine too.  I have customers that call in and ask for a quote and tell me they aren't going to use me because they found pricing on the internet that is cheaper.  I'm okay with that! I don't prioritize online sales or have an online store :)

Back on topic.  I'm going to switch back to aquasol for now as I'm happy with it and also happy with the murakami hardener for water-based printing.  Which only leaves the high end resolution printing where a dual cure comes in handy.  I'm using Murakami photocure pro and I'm ok with it, still haven't fully decided if it's giving me better results than regular aquasol though.