Author Topic: Roller Squeegee Video  (Read 14494 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Roller Squeegee Video
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »
On another note I have often wished I had a heat press built into my manual press to smooth and flaten base prints or white ink prints.
It would be great if I could drop a heat press onto one of my manual plattens to modify the condition of a semi-cured print RIGHT ON THE PRESS.

The thought comes to me that on an auto it would be great to have a heat press platten at a station after a rough print and the rise of the platten would energize the platten against the pre-flashed ink print setting it nicely for the next series of colors. then again a heated roller, or immediate after flash station might do the same thing if the roller really works and the garment doesn't crawl forward of the roller.

mooseman

Like this Moose?

2 Color Fleece Printing

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
well not quite, they use the press to flatten the garment, I would like to have that very device look more like my Geo. Knight 16 x 20 heat platten and hit the print (not the bare garment) to smooth and soften the post print, the underbase to prep it for overprinting, or just to kill fiberlation, or to nicely finish a print on any garmrnt...but the concept is kinda the same. even if I think they have it basasswords ??? :P .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »
Hey, I said LIKE this... not here it is. :p

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
You can use a spider monkey on a mini steam roller if you want.  You can put lard in the screen if that floats your boat.  There's always a better idea!

Not only is there already a better idea, theres already someone else DOING IT

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1tHgtmHc0bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
On another note I have often wished I had a heat press built into my manual press to smooth and flaten base prints or white ink prints.
It would be great if I could drop a heat press onto one of my manual plattens to modify the condition of a semi-cured print RIGHT ON THE PRESS.

The thought comes to me that on an auto it would be great to have a heat press platten at a station after a rough print and the rise of the platten would energize the platten against the pre-flashed ink print setting it nicely for the next series of colors. then again a heated roller, or immediate after flash station might do the same thing if the roller really works and the garment doesn't crawl forward of the roller.

mooseman

Like this Moose?

2 Color Fleece Printing

That machine could be a very expensive but awesome koozie , sleeve , tag print press and maybe left chest if your daring. 

Offline brianbrownlee

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
I just want to say that after using the smoothing method for some time now,  the roller that Erik @ Action developed gave me the best results than any of the other methods.  Sure, you can make your own, but I think by the time you add the time, labor and material costs together, you will find that it would have been cheaper to just order one.  Action has always taken care of their customers over the years and is offering to refund your money if you don't like it.  Not many people stand behind their products these days and that says a lot about their company.  Eric and the folks at Action spend a lot of time and money developing their products before we see them for sale.  I am not paid in any way to endorse Action.  I'm just a screen printer that uses their products and have always been happy with their service.  This roller might not be for everyone but I think it will benefit the auto printers out there who's customers are demanding super smooth prints.  I always have a couple of cooling stations that I can't use on my press, might as well put them to use right?  One thing I do know for a fact is that once you smooth the initial white under base, everything you print on top is smooth as glass.  I can use higher mesh counts for my more transparent colors that usually show every little pit or imperfection of the white.  Some printers have people at the end of the production line heat pressing shirts to smooth out the print.  This can be done with the roller with no extra cost (labor,power, time etc.)  Once again, I will get some better video out soon for those who want to see it.

Brian

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
I could see this roller being great for a good lint pick up screen as well

Offline brianbrownlee

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Offline Get Shirts

Roller Squeegee Video
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
Action, just sent you a PM.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »

mooseman

Like this Moose?

2 Color Fleece Printing

That machine could be a very expensive but awesome koozie , sleeve , tag print press and maybe left chest if your daring.

*shrug* they make a Diamond Back L for this purpose... this thing is smaller (32" single color and 36" two color) and hopefully cheaper.

Offline Action1

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 11:47:02 AM »
I just want to say that after using the smoothing method for some time now,  the roller that Erik @ Action developed gave me the best results than any of the other methods.  Sure, you can make your own, but I think by the time you add the time, labor and material costs together, you will find that it would have been cheaper to just order one.  Action has always taken care of their customers over the years and is offering to refund your money if you don't like it.  Not many people stand behind their products these days and that says a lot about their company.  Eric and the folks at Action spend a lot of time and money developing their products before we see them for sale.  I am not paid in any way to endorse Action.  I'm just a screen printer that uses their products and have always been happy with their service.  This roller might not be for everyone but I think it will benefit the auto printers out there who's customers are demanding super smooth prints.  I always have a couple of cooling stations that I can't use on my press, might as well put them to use right?  One thing I do know for a fact is that once you smooth the initial white under base, everything you print on top is smooth as glass.  I can use higher mesh counts for my more transparent colors that usually show every little pit or imperfection of the white.  Some printers have people at the end of the production line heat pressing shirts to smooth out the print.  This can be done with the roller with no extra cost (labor,power, time etc.)  Once again, I will get some better video out soon for those who want to see it.

Brian

What a fantastic endorsement sir! Thank you sincerely Brian. This project was actually much more challenging than meets the eye. The final design is the 4th one that was developed before being confident that it would work well and have the durability our customers expect.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »
If it is anything like your pallets it will be a great piece.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline aauusa

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
the roller idea is interesting.  I do not have alot of problem with a smooth print but the ball teams we do love the poly/spandex blend fabric and they are very difficult to have a smooth print exspecially whit white ink.  It feels like the cand paper that brown had mentioned.

Do you make one for the freedom press with the v squeege?

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 02:20:53 PM »

Brian

I 100% agree with your commenst and assessment of the dedication to achieve total customer satisfaction practiced by Erik and the Team at Action Engineering.   
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Action1

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

Brian

I 100% agree with your commenst and assessment of the dedication to achieve total customer satisfaction practiced by Erik and the Team at Action Engineering.

Thank you sincerely Peter for your positive comments. I am certain that you and your companies trust for the last 20 years has been important to our companies growth and development.  We/ I - & everyone here still enjoys the work that we do and the industry that we work for. Thanks for your very meaningful recognition.  We're just getting warmed up!