Author Topic: Roller Squeegee Video  (Read 14512 times)

Offline brianbrownlee

Re: Roller Squeegee Video
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »
You can use a spider monkey on a mini steam roller if you want.  You can put lard in the screen if that floats your boat.  There's always a better idea!

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
You can use a spider monkey on a mini steam roller if you want.  You can put lard in the screen if that floats your boat.  There's always a better idea!

...does Action sell those? Ill take a dozen.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
I would pay a lot of money for a spider monkey driving a mini-roller.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline brianbrownlee

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
I can get the spider monkeys, its the mini steam rollers that are hard to come by these days.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 10:24:56 PM »
I guessnidmhavento have one of these to see exactly their benefit, but I sure can't justify the 225 just yet.  I'll wait to see additional vids and posts about a rolling squeegee.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »
thinking we could make that for a quarter of the price. what a simple idea
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 12:41:11 AM »
Is it available for MHM ?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Action1

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 05:58:26 AM »

Thank you Brian for making me laugh so early in the morning!

Offline Action1

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 06:29:55 AM »
Is it available for MHM ?

Yes it is. Please see picture.
The price is $225 and includes a piece of 0.020" thick Teflon film. Lead time is 3-5 days to ship.

I would like to point out that the smoothing application is only one of the uses of this apparatus. Brian and others have pointed out many other possible uses and everyone who has discussed it agrees that most of these ideas will work well.

One thing that I have been eagerly waiting for is testing this for use as an actual squeegee on zipper hoodies. It is my hope that the roller squeegee will enhance the quality of the print across the zipper hem assembly.  If anyone here has our Zipper Hoodie Pallets and will provide the testing and a video clip - we will ship one of these at no charge.  This offer is not for the first to reply, but the best one for the task. Any and all - please let us know if you are interested.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 06:35:37 AM »
Erik, I might just order one in the next few days. Always eager to get some new toys.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »
I am not an auto guy and in fact i have never even seen an auto in operation except at a trade show many years ago.
What runs through my mind is that the roller operation would have to be the final operation on a print run. I would think if you rolled a white underbase especially on a thick garment like a hoodie the fabric would shift forward of the roller and possibly ruin the the registration of following colors?
I know you are going to say it is no different than the squeegee pressure / drag but my point is IT MAY BE so careful testing is the order of the day.
I can't believe Action has not already investigated this.

On another note I have often wished I had a heat press built into my manual press to smooth and flaten base prints or white ink prints.
It would be great if I could drop a heat press onto one of my manual plattens to modify the condition of a semi-cured print RIGHT ON THE PRESS.

The thought comes to me that on an auto it would be great to have a heat press platten at a station after a rough print and the rise of the platten would energize the platten against the pre-flashed ink print setting it nicely for the next series of colors. then again a heated roller, or immediate after flash station might do the same thing if the roller really works and the garment doesn't crawl forward of the roller.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
I am wondering if using for a smoothing technique why bother with the screen and Teflon just roll directly on the print!
"No man is an island"

Offline Action1

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 07:24:26 AM »
Erik, I might just order one in the next few days. Always eager to get some new toys.

Hi Matthias - nice to hear from you as always. Thank you for your continued trust and we look forward to your order.

Offline Action1

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »
... careful testing is the order of the day.
I can't believe Action has not already investigated this.

mooseman

... careful testing is the order of the day.- Absolutely Agreed.
I can't believe Action has not already investigated this. - we are now.

Offline Action1

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 07:39:47 AM »
I am wondering if using for a smoothing technique why bother with the screen and Teflon just roll directly on the print!

The Teflon is much better than directly rolling. After flashing, the ink is tacky and would stick to the roller thus putting a gnarly texture in the print. This may be a desirable effect but contradicts the smoothing application. Teflon is extremely durable, heat compatible, and the tacky  ink does not stick to it. Mr. Brownlee's conclusions on the use Teflon were certain. The sample prints that he sent left no doubt that the combination of the roller and the Teflon benefited the print quality.