Author Topic: Dip Tank + stencil remover  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Dip Tank + stencil remover
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:01:27 AM »
Last week the drain on my almost new Easiway dip tank became defective. That happened at night time and the next day I stepped into our washout room I found the tank to be empty. That`s a lot of money down the drain. So is anyone using just plain old stencil remover in his dip tank instead of the newer fancy dip`n`strip, dunk`n`strip well whatever you call it solutions?
Really fed up of spending all that money on shipping water  if I can buy instead some concentrated stencil remover powder from Sericol  or Chromalines Stencil Remover 285 and add that to the water in the dip tank. You think that stuff is to aggressive for roller frames?

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: Dip Tank + stencil remover
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
IMO, diptanks RUIN rollerframes.  And yes, you can use concentrated stencil remover in your tank.  The only problem is you have to figure out the ratio to water.  But it can be done.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
I had the exact same experience and was also unimpressed by the all-in-wonder
solution and ended up getting CCI's GemZyne. Just an emulsion remover, roughly $40
to fill up our big tank with some left over.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
I had the exact same experience and was also unimpressed by the all-in-wonder
solution and ended up getting CCI's GemZyne. Just an emulsion remover, roughly $40
to fill up our big tank with some left over.

Where are you getting your GemZyne from?  It's about $139 for a fiver from GSG and says 1:20.  We have the "large" Blackline tank for reclaim.

Franmar OneStrip runs us $195 a fiver, is only 1:4-1:6 and does not remove ink so that's a no brainer to switch to something like this.

CCI Has so damn many- EnviroStrip, ER-80, GemZyne, CDR.   Why GemZyne?  Or why not powders? 

I swear, everytime you look at an msds they are all just sodium periodate and soap which baffles me as to why all the varieties. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
We pay about $20 a gallon for the GemZyne straight from CCI, or at least it was
last time I dealt with it. 2 gallons in out 37 gallon tank lasts a long long time.

Ounce for ounce the powders were more expensive and difficult to find.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »
We pay about $20 a gallon for the GemZyne straight from CCI, or at least it was
last time I dealt with it. 2 gallons in out 37 gallon tank lasts a long long time.

Ounce for ounce the powders were more expensive and difficult to find.

Cool, I'll try direct.  Sounds like it's much more concentrated than the One Step.  Any goofy odors or anything?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »
Nope. Just does what it's supposed to do. As with all tanks, watch that you only
soften the emulsion and don't let it all fall off.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
Nope. Just does what it's supposed to do. As with all tanks, watch that you only
soften the emulsion and don't let it all fall off.

Absolutely.  We use a timer if anyone can't hit the rhythm and is stripping off emulsion into the tank.  Still happens a little though.  Using hardener actually makes this very easy to achieve I've found.