Author Topic: CCI discharge white---where to buy?  (Read 7901 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
CCI discharge white---where to buy?
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Where can you get this stuff?  Nazdar doesn't have it on their website and neither do most of their suppliers.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CCI discharge white---where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
Everyone always suggest going direct.

I never got a call/email back when I did though.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
MK call Gary Fox at CCI tell him i gave you the #678-360-9673

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:53 AM »
My rep: talked to him about 2 months ago--took a while for him to call me back. Then he finally calls while he's on the road and wanted to give me everything in grams! I said how much for a gallon vs 5 gallon of the base + corresponding amount of activator. Yeah I can calculate grams into gallons but the way he presented the grams of activator to grams of base was a little weird. Couldn't calculate shipping costs either,  I can calculate UPS/Fedex on weight but I wanted to know if they marked up shipping just so I can base my costs into the print.

Went the direction of Sericol. Nice easy spreadsheet given for all products, minus shipping.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »
NAZDAR does sell it, but will have to twist there arm to get it, they want to push Magna, Buy it from Ryonet, its the same thing and it closer than shipping it from California.  If you just want to try it, COME BY MY SHOP AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE!
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »
NAZDAR does sell it, but will have to twist there arm to get it, they want to push Magna, Buy it from Ryonet, its the same thing and it closer than shipping it from California.  If you just want to try it, COME BY MY SHOP AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE!

Jason:  Sometimes I swear that you must have done a “Watergate Bugging” job on Nazdar SourceOne Headquarters.  You are correct that Nazdar SourceOne is focused on distributing the MagnaColours Traditional ZFS Discharge and the ULF / Formaldehyde Free ink systems, ahead of the CCI Discharge product.  Why would we do this? There are two basic reasons:

(1) The ULF is a patented one of a kind solution that allows our customers to print discharge inks onto garments without the need to wash them prior to shipment, or to warn end-users of the need to wash before wearing. 

(2) The MagnaPrint traditional ZFS system allows us to offer a product that is of equal or better performance to the CCI product at a lower price to our customers.         

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 02:55:14 PM »

Jason:  Sometimes I swear that you must have done a “Watergate Bugging” job on Nazdar SourceOne Headquarters.  You are correct that Nazdar SourceOne is focused on distributing the MagnaColours Traditional ZFS Discharge and the ULF / Formaldehyde Free ink systems, ahead of the CCI Discharge product.  Why would we do this? There are two basic reasons:

(1) The ULF is a patented one of a kind solution that allows our customers to print discharge inks onto garments without the need to wash them prior to shipment, or to warn end-users of the need to wash before wearing. 

(2) The MagnaPrint traditional ZFS system allows us to offer a product that is of equal or better performance to the CCI product at a lower price to our customers.       

I'd like to give that a try... I'm pretty sold on CCI's discharge base and white but I'm open to have my mind changed for sure!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »

I'd like to give that a try... I'm pretty sold on CCI's discharge base and white but I'm open to have my mind changed for sure!
So would I, that sounds interesting.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
Peter, whats the status on the Magna Pigments? I gave up on Wilflex right before they ditched the program as I had a super hard time getting product.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »

No offense Peter, I was just offering Brad what he was looking for.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »
You can order direct from CCI, Ryonet sells it as a private label (not sure why they would do this) and GSG has it as well.

I'd be happy to try out some of this ZFS or ULF Magnaprint as well.  Does Nazdar offer samples for testing?

Peter, does the Magna ULF have a softer hand to the finished print than the ZFS? 

My understanding was that, if properly cured with airflow, ZFS discharge prints do not contain significant formaldehyde but rather a sulfurous substance left in the print.  The "wash before wearing" was simply to soften that print and prevent the odd occurrence of someone being sensitive to that sulfurous by product.

We have had zero sensitivity issues from customers (we do not run discharge for children's wear unless we post launder ourselves) but now are faced with post-laundering many of our retail ready products which is a pain of course. 

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
You can order direct from CCI, Ryonet sells it as a private label (not sure why they would do this)

Thats an easy one to answer, money.

Ryonet is not as dumb as many think. If you were shopping for discharge ink and you find one of his many youtube videos then you will see him using his discharge white. You see how great it works and you then want some. Now you look at the price $44.98 a gallon. Ok that's not bad. So you buy it. Now lets say you think that's too much. So you do a search for Ryonet White Discharge. You can only find it on his site. So if you want the same great results you buy his white. Now if he sold CCI D-White and some one did a search they would find CCI and call them and get a quote for much less . You then buy from CCI and not pay Ryan more for the same product.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:07:01 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
GSG will sell you the CCI white but they do not stock it. It can be dropped shipped or you can wait until the next CCI order arrives at their warehouse and get it on delivery. GSG has no problem with direct orders for CCI products they do not stock (I believe that should also cover out of stock items as well but it probably doesn't). That being said I believe if you order at least $375 of product from CCI, shipping is free.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »
You can order direct from CCI, Ryonet sells it as a private label (not sure why they would do this)

Ryonet is not as dumb as many think.

I beg to differ.  Their product sku for this is CCIDISWHITE.  Apparently they think everyone else is just as dumb as everyone else thinks Ryonet is. 

Seriously though, I get your point, it is smart with the web media, etc. but you need to back all that up with actual knowledge of what you are selling. Ryonet is not bookmarked on my suppliers folder but I find myself grabbing a little this 'n that from them more and more, they are close to us and are carrying product we use.  Their service is excellent, I'd say they are (or at least or striving to be) overachievers in the field of printshop supplies, but they often are selling product they are literally clueless on and it can be a major train wreck at times when your cold peel paper for that rush job is cheap ass hot split and so on. 

That's why I think they shouldn't be private labeling anything unless they want to get smarter about it. Just call it what it is and sell it, you didn't develop the product you made a crappy web video featuring it. 

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
[[/quote]

No offense Peter, I was just offering Brad what he was looking for.
[/quote]

Jason: I wasn't taking any offense at all. 
I applaud your commitment to give something back to the industry. 
I look forward to meeting up with you at the Las Vega SGIA next month.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662