Author Topic: Split from Roller frames and dip tanks - MZX tensions  (Read 1675 times)

Offline abchung

• !!!
Split from Roller frames and dip tanks - MZX tensions
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
I don't know about dip tanks, but I want to inform those who wants to buy MZX 23x33(can't remember the actual size). Anything above 30 or 35 N/cm will definitely wreck up the joints between the cylindrical and oct/hexagon part. I had one coming apart a few weeks ago... Now I don't stretch anything above 30 N/cm.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:32:16 AM by Frog »

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Re: Roller frames and dip tanks
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:57:10 AM »
I don't know about dip tanks, but I want to inform those who wants to buy MZX 23x33(can't remember the actual size). Anything above 30 or 35 N/cm will definitely wreck up the joints between the cylindrical and oct/hexagon part. I had one coming apart a few weeks ago... Now I don't stretch anything above 30 N/cm.
I guess that`s why they recommend not to go higher then 35N on the MZX on that size of frame. But then we`ve gone up to levels that were beyond our wildest imagination, 40N sometimes 45N and there were no recognizable problems with those MZX frames.

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: Re: Roller frames and dip tanks
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:09:22 AM »
Yes, we can go higher.... But fatigue can catch up with you... Just like a paper clip..... repeated high stress will shorten the life....
In the beginning I thought "WTF, they don't know what they are writing about, I can get it up higher than the recommended tension"
Now I know why.... :'(