Author Topic: M&R Diamondback S pallet size ?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline broadway

• !!!
M&R Diamondback S pallet size ?
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
I am looking at Diamondback S press and it comes with 16x18 pallets as standard equipment, along with 16" squeegees. The max image size is 16x18. Anyone have any issues with the squeegees being to wide for the pallet and leaving a faint crease on the shirts? I am sure you could not print 16" wide on 16" pallets.  Wondering if others have upgraded to an 18x22 pallet size with the 16 inch squeegees? Also are the pallets still made out of a "resin" material or are the solid or honeycomb aluminum? It does not say in their literature. Right now i have a Gauntlet S and i switch between 18x22 and 14x22 pallets depending on the garments. When i use the 14 inch pallets i use 13 inch squeegees reducing any squeegee over hang on the pallets.
Peter

Offline inkstain

Re: M&R Diamondback S pallet size ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
Hi Peter,
I just actually got a Diamondback S a few weeks ago.  Awesome press!
The pallets that come with the press are 16x22 and they are solid aluminum with rubber top.  Squeegees are 16 like you mentioned.  I had a few issues with faint marks from the squeegee on black shirts.  I was told I needed to round off the edges of the squeegee.  I was also using too much pressure and flashing too long.  I did everything I was told and it for now haven't had the mark issue.  I came from only printing manually so it was all new to me.  I'm sure you'd be happy with the press.  Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll try my best to help. 

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
BADASS press, I own the very first one, let me know if you have questions, I can probably answer ANY of them.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will contact you guys if i have further questions.
Peter

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »
BADASS press, I own the very first one, let me know if you have questions, I can probably answer ANY of them.
Prepare for a barrage of question from my end.