Author Topic: Tajima Pricing / Help?  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Tajima Pricing / Help?
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
I'm looking at two Tajima machines, both produced around 1996, have been serviced regularly, and are in production as of today.

- TMFX - C1206
- TMFX - C1204

The asking price is $25k for both.  Assuming they are in good working order, is this a fair price?  No software included.

Thanks in advance.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Tajima Pricing / Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
I'm looking at two Tajima machines, both produced around 1996, have been serviced regularly, and are in production as of today.

- TMFX - C1206
- TMFX - C1204

The asking price is $25k for both.  Assuming they are in good working order, is this a fair price?  No software included.

Thanks in advance.

from what I understand the 15 color machines are the ones to get. The earlier versions had thread break detection problems they fixed later.
My business partner just sold a 6 head 15 color machine for $25K (2004 I think). It was still going strong, he just wanted to upgrade to the newer technology.

pierre

p.s. yes, I answered all the questions, but the one you asked! Sorry . . . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
I have seen 4 head Tajima '99 for around 10K.

25K for 4 and 6 head that old might be a stretch :)
Definitely on a high end

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
A SWF may not be as solid as a Tajima, but you can get a brand new 4 head for $30k shipped with a warranty.
I'm currently researching Barudan, Tajima & SWF for a possible purchase before the end of the month.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
I do work daily on SWF that people say must have came off a Tajima or Barudan, not that those are not awesome machines.  They are, and I suspect they are better than my SWF's, but there is nothing wrong with a SWF.  I have 11 SWF heads.  Happy with them so far. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
1996-I agree, that is on the high end of pricing.  I would negotiate that if you can.  I think you can do better that what they are asking for and have software included. 

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
That price is insane high for 16 year old machines......................
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Get Shirts

Tajima Pricing / Help?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.  Any idea what a fair price would be?  It's one of those situations where the equipment is just down the street, so I don't mind paying a SMALL convenience fee. 

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »
check this out prices tend to be a bit high here because folks negotiate and I amsure there is a commission / listing fee etc.
Scroll down to find Tajimas
http://www.embroideryyellowpages.com/usedmach.htm

they also have a screenprinters yellowpage listing ...just FYI
http://www.screenprintersyellowpages.com/

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Wow, 25K for both?  Only if they've been doing nothing for the last 10 years and were babied beyond belief.  I'd put a value for both of those, assuming they are in as good of condition as our 15 year old Tajimas, at around 16-17K MAX.  All of our 72 heads are mid-late 90's models and they have ran 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week with an independent tech that does PM on them every quarter.  There is no reason that they can last another 10 years but we'll have to upgrade them to USB instead of floppy's.  I'd like to add another 18 head next year, and maybe replace our oldest 12 head by 2014. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 04:50:03 PM »
I got my melco off of the embroidery yellow pages that mooseman posted back in 2003.  Not a problem with it at all.  Knock on wood   :-\   I have run tajimas, barudans,  and melcos and to me a machine is a machine.  I can learn any type of machine but something I felt I could fix myself was the ultimate decision.

BJ

Offline RickM

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
I think you should look at the ZSK machines also.....well made and very durable!!