Author Topic: ulano orange  (Read 20499 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: ulano orange
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Hmm... that's crazy.

I don't use any of that emulsion but I do use 35 LTU's for Chromaline Chroma Blue and that is coating fairly thick... getting a thickness gauge this week.  I noticed a LOT of latitude with our exposure unit... I'd have to look at our notes but I know from like 20 to maybe like 65 all could have been usable LTU's, I had to REALLy look hard to decide that 35 seemed like a good time.  Right now since our coating technique sucks and we have no clue how thick any of our stencils are from one screen to the next, I'm using that latitude to my advantage and just exposing everything at that same LTU.  110's are coated VERY thick (for us) and the same for out 158's that aren't coated as thick but still much better than something like a 1:1.

We just got a new AWT scoop coater that should resolve some of our problems, hope to put some rollers in the mix and that should help us get our coating technique down... plus the thickness gauge will let us check ourselves and probably laugh at ourselves a bit. ;)