Author Topic: Software systems & contract printing  (Read 1992 times)

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
Software systems & contract printing
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
Hi I am looking to buy a new software system for our screen printing & embroidery company. We are currently running off a system the previous owner has installed about 15 years ago. It does NOT do anything besides putting in basic screen printing & embroidery details and such. I am looking to get into contract printing potentially, and want a software system that would have everything I would need from beginging to end, I heard that Shopworks & Precise software were two of the best. Any thoughts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. If anyone could tell me anything about contract printing. Pros/Cons, etc.

Steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Software systems & contract printing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »
hey Steve,

welcome aboard!

We are a contract only shop and use TeeCal. It will do both retail and contract and since we resolved the antivirus incompatibility it has been rock solid! Fast Manger is supposedly in similar price range and has similar features. When I did the research about a year ago, TeeCal was ahead by a slim margin.

TeeCal's support is impressive! I have received calls back as late as 11pm and on the weekend.

Shopworks has more features than the others but is also significantly more money. It would cost us $15k to convert to it compared to $70/month we pay for TeeCal.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Software systems & contract printing
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
here are the big ones:
Priceit
T-quoter
Fast Manager
tee cal

we use t-quoter.  It's good, not great.  You will not find a product that is 100% perfect, so don't get discouraged.  Make a list of the most important things and go from there.