Author Topic: Thoughts on Shopworx Software  (Read 8682 times)

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
Thoughts on Shopworx Software
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
 Hello, I am looking into Shopworx, wondering if anyone could give me any feedback.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Thoughts on Shopworx Software
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
Works well. A bit pricey. Didn't interface with accounting software very well. Fast Manager is very similar.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
I would go with priceitsoftware.com if you ask...

sam

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
I used shopworks for 12 years and really liked it.  Wish I had it at my new shop.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
We have had it for a while now and love it. Takes some time to get everything in there but it helps a lot! Isn't cheap. And thebad side is not being able to tie it to other programs well. ie Salesforce    But if your a growing shop it's great to start while your smaller cause it will only get harder as u get bigger
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
Too rich for my blood, but looks excellent.

Pattfinn is right on the money.  Our mgmt programs need to tie into front end/sales pipeline mgmt and, preferably, to a web order interface with the client.  It would save an insane about of time, hassles and errors for everyone involved.

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
I Just bought it. Yep - insanly costly!!

We havent gone live yet. We need to do that on Jan 1 2012 for correect fiscal reporting. We have been building in all senarios (there are lots of them!) since Aug. I have 20 users logged in at any one time. Our biggest hassle is getting it accepted with existing employees. The ROI - as we see it - is HUGE. The info on any job in progress (or processed) it can provide is instant which makes for great customer service and internal management of orders. Yes - it can hook up to web store in a BIG way. We will not use it for that - yet. I wish I would have bought it WAY SOONER. Training would be easier when shops are smaller. Training can be costly but worth it. Use Roy Marques as an installer - he is a welth of good info about Shopworks and can discuss general business while installing. Shopworks is in over 500 shops and has 30,000 users within all those shops. Please do your own research and do it well. Their website has lots of good videos but call them so you can see the detailed ones, not the sales pitch videos.

I do not work for Shopworks or will recieve anything for these comments.

Ron Pierson

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
Hey Ron, congrats!  I'm assuming you are a fairly large operation there?  Shopworks seems geared for the big ones.

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »
Hey all.
yep - 65 employees, 21000 sq ft, 2 shifts, 5 days a week - looking to go 7 days a week soon, 60-80 orders a day.......
We REALLY need a state of the art system to get through our day. We have an old system now and Shopworks can supply us with soo much more info......

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »
thats what I figured when I checked out the program. that price tag is nothing compared to what you guys will save implementing a good system and probably far cheaper than a custom solution.

not to mention the decrease in stress being able to better wrangle an operation that size.  thats worth it for you alone.

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Ron Pierson.......Do you guys do contract printing giving you those 80-90 jobs a day, or are they smaller orders?

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
We are a 36 hr "turn-n-burn" shop. Most orders are "smaller". Contract work - it seems - is no longer "10,000 pieces every order - bid to the 1/2 cent". We still have that but it gets in the way of making more money on smaller runs.

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
We are a 10 person shop. Sales and production. Shop works has helped a ton. Yes it was an investment but it's already paying off and we will be set up for growth. So if your a smaller growing shop don't let the price scare you, it's worth it in the long run because when your at 20 employees it will be much harder, and cost you with problems and training..
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
I'm curious as to what the key benefits of ShopWorx are. I looked at it a long time ago and was
really impressed, and it's sort of been the basis of the custom Filemaker database I've been developing
for a few years now.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
I have no plans to be a twenty crew shop ever, mo money more problems man.  But yes this program looks excellent.  We wouldn't see the roi on it at that price for our modest goals.  If they could go saas and tier it, thats another story.

The advantage I see is they dedicated hard to the software, it looks complete and stable, and it does have that front end integration as an option.  The front end part is huge in my opinion.  You can manage a shop  with anything but tying it in to the actual selection and order process is where it's at.