Author Topic: Auto press help  (Read 1076 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Auto press help
« on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »
Hey guys most of you know I own an Anatol auto and before I call them I'll ask a question here, yesterday I had a airline burst on head six, so I had to drop the print head and replace the airline as it was underneath it.  Got all that fix and then found out I had pinch the proximity sensor wire between the bottom plate and the printhead bolt , so I cut the wire and wired it back and taped it back, now the printhead want print it wil move up to the front and thats it and then I get an error message...I,m I right in thinking the sensor might have burn out and needs replacing even though it half way works...open here to you guys that have autos anwsers.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Auto press help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Yeah you'll probably get a faster and more accurate response here. You might see an alarm code that will indicate prox failure but yes almost definitely a prox. Also you should be aware that the pneumatic hose failure is very common on some Anatol models. I had to entirely re-plumb a Trident earlier this year as they were failing daily. Be sure to use a good quality made in USA hose for relacement.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »
Darryl, Does the Pox. switch read the flag (deas it light-up)? 

If it does raise the hood and see if it is reading on the board. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
Here's a pic, assuming your machine is the same as the Stratus. 
One led lights up for the front, the other for the back.  Ir it does not light up on the board but does on the Switch, it may be in the wireing.  Start with double checking your spliced wire. 

Hope this helps get you started. 

Chris

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »
Pull a prox from another head to try or swap wires at the board and see if the trouble stays on that head or moves to the one you swapped with.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
Thanks guys....Parker yes the prox lights up but once it gets to the front it won't chop at all, it just sits there for a few seconds then gives me a prox error 5, I did check those lights on panel you have in the pic it lights once.  I do think its a prox, I think it might have burn cuz that is what got my attention the burn smell, now I just to order one and figure out how to replace it...looks like its going to be a job.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!