Author Topic: FastRip Dongle issue  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
FastRip Dongle issue
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »
My video card went pfft. Had another installed and for what ever reason, my fast rip dongle is not being recognized. ANYONE out there got any ideals on who to call for FastRip help.

Offline Northland

Re: FastRip Dongle issue
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »
Bummer Donnie.  :-[

I upgraded my Fastrip to FilmMaker (same software product line.. made by CadLink).
One of the CadLink exec's posts on Preston's site (cavedave).

I'd try American Screen Supply:
http://www.americanscreensupply.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=307

I had a similar dongle problem and the free tech support at American Screen supply got me back up and running (dongle hasp recognized)... but I bought the $220 FilmMaker upgrade thru them.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Thanks... I will give them a holler tomorrow and I will  be able to sleep better tonight :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
These guys GDS, were the go-to guys when US Screen first went down in flames.
Now, Scott F. over at T-Biz also says he's back in the support game for his older products as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »
Bummer Donnie.  :-[

I upgraded my Fastrip to FilmMaker (same software product line.. made by CadLink).
One of the CadLink exec's posts on Preston's site (cavedave).

I'd try American Screen Supply:
http://www.americanscreensupply.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=307

I had a similar dongle problem and the free tech support at American Screen supply got me back up and running (dongle hasp recognized)... but I bought the $220 FilmMaker upgrade thru them.

don't know about FastRIP, but will second the Film Maker. Absolutely amazing product!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Update. Film Maker and T-rip are the exact same program.  I purchased the dongle version of Film Maker. In the mean time, I downloaded the Film Maker Trial version. I can print spot but I am unable to print half tones. Everything wants to print cymk. I spent the greater part of 3 hours on the phone with Frank at American Screen. We went over all the settings and even downloaded the program on another computer. Same thing. Needles to say he is perplexed. Cadlink was supposed to call today. As of yet...issue still pending. I will keep everyone posted.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
Update. Film Maker and T-rip are the exact same program.  I purchased the dongle version of Film Maker. In the mean time, I downloaded the Film Maker Trial version. I can print spot but I am unable to print half tones. Everything wants to print cymk. I spent the greater part of 3 hours on the phone with Frank at American Screen. We went over all the settings and even downloaded the program on another computer. Same thing. Needles to say he is perplexed. Cadlink was supposed to call today. As of yet...issue still pending. I will keep everyone posted.

If you wanna call me in the morning, I can walk you through some things. When you print, make sure you select double density.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:07:10 AM »
Good luck Donnie..... I don't use all the bells and whistles FilmMaker provides... but I'm happy with my film output.
Ya'll will get it.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
Shout out to Pierre. Got me going. Thanks Man! :D

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
Pierre knows his stuff.... and a good man also! got to love this board ;)