Author Topic: Product Development Feedback Request  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Action1

Product Development Feedback Request
« on: November 13, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
This is a fixture that we developed for use here many years ago.
It's used to make certain that squeegee rubber is correctly loaded and aligned into the holder before being tightened into position.
I Thought it may be of interest to others. May I have a show of hands or comments regarding the usefulness of this system in the general screen printing public.
Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Product Development Feedback Request
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
'not really sure how the other holders work, but with the MHM we just push it in all the way and it is straight. So unless I am missing something, we would not need it (but keep on going as we do have few of your contraptions we love!)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
I'm just gonna be blunt here, if you need help getting the squeegee in the holder correctly then we can have Tommy Boy come over there and hit you upside the head with a tack hammer because you're a tard.  No offense meant, of course.

Very nice design, very well made and thought out from the engineering side, so kudos on that.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
Have to agree with Alan on this one. 

I have to add that the squeegee I purchased from ryonet was super wiggly, might need to send Tommy Boy over there.

How about a device that cuts a perfectly clean, smooth edge on the blade relative to the ends of the holder?  That would be handy as it makes cleanup so much better on the sides.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »
How about an AFFORDABLE squeegee blade sharpener?  I'd like to see someone come up with one of those that's automated and not actually charge 20 times the price it took to build the damn thing.  Someone better do it before I do, and once I make my mind up to do something it's going to get done, I just haven't decided on this just yet so it's still fair game for whoever wants it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »
Have to agree with Alan on this one. 

I have to add that the squeegee I purchased from ryonet was super wiggly, might need to send Tommy Boy over there.

How about a device that cuts a perfectly clean, smooth edge on the blade relative to the ends of the holder?  That would be handy as it makes cleanup so much better on the sides.

I cut all my blades with a miter saw. It works great. nice clean cut every time and only takes a second. You just have to measure them so they are the right length. Even if your off by a little the miter saw can take off a hair thickness if needed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:57:15 AM by Screened Gear »

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:17:14 AM »
Reminds me of the "Blade Runner" story. Or as we affectionately referred to as the"Brade Runna".
An air operated squeegee cleaner. Huge fail. Still have it upstairs somewhere.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
I second that, Tony. Swing and miss
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »
Batter up
Serilor Blade Runner
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »
Seemed like an awesome idea but id made a huge mess

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
Looks like it might have worked if all squeegees and flood bars only had a narrow line of ink on them but all large production shops get their S/FB's loaded with ink from the blade up.
"No man is an island"

Offline Action1

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
Thank you very much to everyone who offered their comments. We're always looking for ways to assist you to do things a little better - & a little easier.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
clearly you guys have never had to deal with people that over tighten the crap out of squeegee holders.  You have to pry some of ours open from years of abuse(they are pretty old).

The blade runner would be a better idea if you move the squeegee over cleaning brushes...I know, I made something that works well.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
The text effects in that video had my head spinning from the gitgo.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
Actually thats how it works