Author Topic: eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)  (Read 136245 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: eighty screens in eighty minutes
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
There is a shop in Iowa that does 800-1200 screens a day in a 20 hour day.  They have an auto coater and 2 Kiwo I jets.  They also have an automatic reclaim machine.  They shoot 6 screens at a time and are the most efficient shop I have ever seen as they do NOT have a scrap of paper anywhere in the shop.  Sam, you will be glad to know that they have 10,000 roller frames.
God how would you even manage a shop like that?
From a computer.  The manager can tell the exact status of any job from art to screens to production from his computer.  He can do this because there is NO paper anywhere in the system.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Ron Pierson

Re: eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »
Printficient - do you know the name of that software at that big shop you mentioned??

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
Printficient - do you know the name of that software at that big shop you mentioned??
It has no name as it was custom built in house.  Everything is bar coded.  I mean everything.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »
One of my promotional products suppliers has a custom software program that relies on bar codes......At any moment a CSR can tell where a job is in the plant.....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
One of my promotional products suppliers has a custom software program that relies on bar codes......At any moment a CSR can tell where a job is in the plant.....

Combine that with employees like this, and you can really track progress and status.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
While we're on the subject(s) of saving money with equipment investment, ROI, and going paperless, have any of you looked into or already made the switch to bidets? ???

Offline inkbrigade

eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
While we're on the subject(s) of saving money with equipment investment, ROI, and going paperless, have any of you looked into or already made the switch to bidets? ???
I bought a bidet for my house last year. I kept thinking I felt so much fresher after shitting if I took a shower.

So I bought and installed it. It's amazing! I'm always bummed when I have to poop somewhere else now :)

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »
It has no name as it was custom built in house.  Everything is bar coded.  I mean everything.

We have the capability to do this as well.  We just haven't implemented it yet.  We aren't big enough to worry about doing something like barcoding the processes yet.  It's pretty easy to look around and see what job is in what part of production but when there are multiple autos and dozens of jobs on the floor in different parts of the production chain I can see how important it could be.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »

We bought a $40,000.00 Bidet, it make the underwear come out of the $20 washing machine much cleaner, yes a $600 washer would have done the same thing, but I'm still finding ways the bidet is saving us money. We've calculated R.O.I. at 4 months if our house of 4 stays "regular".

;) have a great weekend all!
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

We bought a $40,000.00 Bidet, it make the underwear come out of the $20 washing machine much cleaner, yes a $600 washer would have done the same thing, but I'm still finding ways the bidet is saving us money. We've calculated R.O.I. at 4 months if our house of 4 stays "regular".

...yes but what about tape costs?! TAPE COSTS, DAMMIT!!!!!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »

...yes but what about tape costs?! TAPE COSTS, DAMMIT!!!!!

In this case tape = toilet paper. With the bidet you can cut your TP use down at least one square for doing number 2 and no TP at all for number 1. HUUUGE savings!
"No man is an island"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »
I just want to ask Sam one question at this point.

Do you hate everyone now?  Or still just me?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
Everyone? Don't lump me in on this. I have learned some time ago to not be hard-nosed on any controversy on the boards. My interjection of humor was not aimed at your "debate" in the least bit. It was merely the natural fun progression of a discussion about equipment ROI and Sonny's reference to a paperless shop, not a mocking of the DTS in the least!

Now excuse me, I have an appointment with a nice refreshing, warm, cleansing spray, doing my part to save a tree or two.  ;D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
Don't forget the dollars you are saving on TP!!!

You can't discount a single PENNY, they add up!

Offline inkbrigade

eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2012, 03:00:52 AM »
You guys need to stop picking on Sam. He runs his shop his way and you run your shop your way.
We're all sharing information, and that's what the forums are all about :)
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart