Author Topic: Wilflex MX ink mixing system  (Read 1448 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Wilflex MX ink mixing system
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »
I wanted ask if the final mixes of this system would be considered soft hand ink? We are seriously thinking about investing in this asap, but want to make sure that we will end up with a good pantone mixing system for SIM process printing ending with a nice soft hand. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: Wilflex MX ink mixing system
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Why wouldnt you consider the equilizer system?
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
We went for the pc system. Cant be asked to order all those gallon pots and hardly ever use half of those colors. And you get the added flexibility of going for different bases when choosing the pc system. probably the same for the equilizers.

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
I use my PC with halftone base with 305 screens.
after using soft-hand feel additive, it is soft feel  for me. However, some may say the additive is bad for ink build up.
Why don't you try a start up kit before you change everything over.

http://www.polyone.com/en-us/about/businessgroups/Inks/Literature/PIB_Wilflex%20Epic%20Additives.pdf

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
That`s what we did, the start up kit is a good and inexpensive way of trying out that system. And you probably can get a feel for which pigments you might need more of and which ones you can order less of.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
That`s what we did, the start up kit is a good and inexpensive way of trying out that system. And you probably can get a feel for which pigments you might need more of and which ones you can order less of.

Rockers:  If you want maximum versatility with the ability to utilize multiple bases you made the right decision with the Wilflex PC system.  The PC system option will support you using the soft hand, Epic Performance and Regular mixing base. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:59:43 PM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »

Rockers:  If you want maximum versatility with the ability to utilize multiple bases you made the right decisio with the Wilflex PC system.  The PC system option will support you using the soft hand, Epic Performance and Regular mixing base.
Adrian at Wilflex China recommended we use the pc system, that`s why we have ordered the pc starter kit. I`m not really sure what the exact difference is between the pc  and the equalizer system. Have to say though that the gallon prices for certain pigments are fairly high. Good they do as well quarter gallons, as gallons might be overkill for our shop right now.