Author Topic: New Xenon White  (Read 4926 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: New Xenon White
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
That's our Sonny for you!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
That's our Sonny for you!

Not Sonny's fault it is who he works for. But Sonny should use his knowledge and experience with us lowely printers and help his company market better.
"No man is an island"

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
Alan Singer did the R&D on this.  I spoke with him about the specs.  He basically said do not over flash and keep oven temp at 330 degrees and all is well.  To adhere to nylon without a catalyst requires a cross link temp in the mid to mid/high 200's.  Do this and there are very few if any dyes that would migrate on blends.  Nylon does not bleed so the low temp cure is so the substrate is not damaged.  I have always said that if you could truly dial in your dryer (gas preferably) and keep the garment to below 330 degrees any white would be bleed resistant as the dyes would not migrate.  What we do now to inks is horrible.  A slow belt dryer set ro 320 degrees is the way ink should cure.  A fast belt high temp dryer shocks the ink and that is bad.  Same with flashing.  Quartz bulbs that are not adjustable are the worst thing out there for the health of inks.  A flash of 5 seconds is a production rate of 720 pcs per hour.  A 4 second flash is 900 pcs per hour.  We are overcooking our inks in all phases.  Problem with a print on darks will be too much heat somewhere in the process 99% of the time.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »
Alan Singer? Alsing?

The guy accused many times over of fraud and outright theft in equipment brokering deals?

A new leaf has been turned?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
Just got hit with some bad Karma there.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
I do not know about that but Alan is a multiple Golden Squeegee award winner.  I wish him well and wish all of you a Merry Christmas.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
Alan Singer did the R&D on this.  I spoke with him about the specs.  He basically said do not over flash and keep oven temp at 330 degrees and all is well.  To adhere to nylon without a catalyst requires a cross link temp in the mid to mid/high 200's.  Do this and there are very few if any dyes that would migrate on blends.  Nylon does not bleed so the low temp cure is so the substrate is not damaged.  I have always said that if you could truly dial in your dryer (gas preferably) and keep the garment to below 330 degrees any white would be bleed resistant as the dyes would not migrate.  What we do now to inks is horrible.  A slow belt dryer set ro 320 degrees is the way ink should cure.  A fast belt high temp dryer shocks the ink and that is bad.  Same with flashing.  Quartz bulbs that are not adjustable are the worst thing out there for the health of inks.  A flash of 5 seconds is a production rate of 720 pcs per hour.  A 4 second flash is 900 pcs per hour.  We are overcooking our inks in all phases.  Problem with a print on darks will be too much heat somewhere in the process 99% of the time.

Sonny you state the ink needs to be cured at 330 garment printing but on nylon mid to high 200's then it cant be cured on nylon? Or can it be cured on garments at nylon temps?
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
Alan Singer? Alsing?

The guy accused many times over of fraud and outright theft in equipment brokering deals?

A new leaf has been turned?

Wow that is a blast from the past, I remember all that drama well from TSPMB wow.
"No man is an island"

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »

Sonny you state the ink needs to be cured at 330 garment printing but on nylon mid to high 200's then it cant be cured on nylon? Or can it be cured on garments at nylon temps?
The Mustang White cross links at a temp conducive to Nylon printing without a catalyst.  Not sure the exact temp.  I was using the 330 degree mark for most if not all other inks.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Sonny what temp does the ink cure at simple question, the substrate does not determine what temperature an ink fully cures at. Who cares what Alan has figured out by testing he is not a chemist, doesnt xenon have chemists and have scientific testing to determine the inks cure temperature?
"No man is an island"

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Sonny what temp does the ink cure at simple question, the substrate does not determine what temperature an ink fully cures at. Who cares what Alan has figured out by testing he is not a chemist, doesnt xenon have chemists and have scientific testing to determine the inks cure temperature?
I will test the batch I have and give you an exact temp.  For now I would say that it cross links at around 260-270 Degrees.  I will post exact numbers soon as I will be unable to do much heavy lifting for the next 3 months.  This will give me time for some r&d as I recover from beam radiation and a heart procedure.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
I will test the batch I have and give you an exact temp.  For now I would say that it cross links at around 260-270 Degrees.  I will post exact numbers soon as I will be unable to do much heavy lifting for the next 3 months.  This will give me time for some r&d as I recover from beam radiation and a heart procedure.

Well damn there you go, that should be your big selling point. A white ink that is a true low temp cure.
"No man is an island"