Author Topic: New employee (Kitten) dicided to knock over a trashcan...  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
New employee (Kitten) dicided to knock over a trashcan...
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
Of course he got into some ink (not nearly as bad as it could have been, for us).  We are already putting up some doors to keep him out of the garment/production area.

But as far as damage done.

He curled up and slept on some coveralls that we were embroidering and I guess commenced to cleaning himself before going to bed.

So there is a slight green smudging in a good 12 square inches of uncured plastisol.  I could of course blast it out with the spot gun but I'm thinking since it's so light of a deposit an ink degrader might be better.

I have Saati PW 4 press wash, Saati IR 14 ink degrader, Easyway 701, and CCI IW 107.

I was thinking I could maybe brush one of those on there and break down the ink and get rid of it.  They are navy in color and for my wife's cousin's company.  They are pipe inspectors so this is the least of the dirt and stains this garment will see... I just want to remove them best we can and do the least damage.  I have no clue if any of these things can do any damage to the fabric or dyes in the garment.

I'm sure they can't given their purpose but I figured better off asking.

Any suggestions as to which approach would be best?  I'm thinking we can then blot of the chemicals and pass them through the dryer after.  They likely will not be laundered for first wash given they are going straight to on-site in North Dakota.  I could wash them at home if everyone thinks that would be best.

Offline easyscore

Re: New employee (Kitten) dicided to knock over a trashcan...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
Might be cheaper to get them dry cleaned. They used to use the same chemical we used in our zim gun.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
When my wife first got her kitten we brought her to shop, my wife left and went to the bank or something and left the kitten with me (mine you this cat is mostly white in color) and me being busy didn't watch the kitten, next thing I know this kitten has gotten into the open ink cans.  I washed the hell out that cat quick before she got back and blow dry her.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
For uncured plastisol, I have had some luck with spray-n-wash or shout stain remover applied and run through a wash cycle
Dale Hoyal

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:33:25 PM »
For cured plastisol that is lightly coated on the garment use tape and tape it off, it takes some effort and decent tape but it does work.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »
cure it. seriously. send it down the tunnel then scratch it off with the seam of another shirt. it will rub right off. or a knife blade.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »
This is why I like dogs. More coral-able.  Might try sending the kitten down the tunnel, along with the garment.

Just kidding....

The dry cleaning trick might be just the ticket.  They do use basically the same chems.  We tried it on some cured left chests and it ALMOST worked.

I always do a full cure on my plastisol boo boos before the spot cleaning.  Not sure why, but it usually works better than just a "green" ink smudge. YMMV....

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
Sorry, I should have updated... they decided to wipe it down with the spot cleaning fluid and it came out just fine.

The cat is a kitten and as much of a PITA that he can be I remember when Mr. Kitty (my oldest and dearest cat) was just like that... it's just a phase for him I guess.

So far he's more reliable than the paid exterminator.  Supposed to show Mon, Weds and Friday and I'm lucky if he shows up once a week!

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 11:44:59 PM »
Gilly, did you just say you have an exterminator that comes once a week?!?!?!?  Should be THREE?!?!?  Yikes!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »
We have some rats that visit us at night.

We want them ALL gone, so far we have only caught 2 and a mouse.  That might be just about all of them.  But because the guy kept failing to show up the property manager requested that he start showing up 3 times a week till we got rid of them.

Our baby (2.5 years old) comes to the office with us, so poison is not an option... plus we don't want dead rats in the wall stinking up the place.  This already happened once *puke*.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
We have some rats that visit us at night.

We want them ALL gone, so far we have only caught 2 and a mouse.  That might be just about all of them.  But because the guy kept failing to show up the property manager requested that he start showing up 3 times a week till we got rid of them.

Our baby (2.5 years old) comes to the office with us, so poison is not an option... plus we don't want dead rats in the wall stinking up the place.  This already happened once *puke*.

Nothing beats a rat problem like a "ball-bearing mousetrap" . . . :P

I've seen rats coming up the fenceline behind my garage to slip under to the pond at the house behind me. I've put some poison out occasionally, but the other morning I saw something lying on the driveway as I walked out back. Once the light was up a bit more, I thought at first it was a dead mouse. A little closer examination and found it was just a rat's head. I guess the neighbor's cat took care of the rest of it.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Wow I feel for you, Kevin. They are nasty, BIG and persistent.  Now I understand what you meant.

((Hey Kevin, I sent you an email recently about Nagle's Algorhythm and didn't get a reply.  I'll bet your spam filter caught it. Ping me off line and I'll explain how my network has benefited from disabling it.))

Tom, what do you mean by a ball-bearing mousetrap?  (I'm just dense, I think...)

Stan

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
Bearing - to bear or have.

Balls - testicals.

make sense now? :)

I'll double check the email... I remember seeing and thought I replied, maybe I didn't.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
Wow I feel for you, Kevin. They are nasty, BIG and persistent.  Now I understand what you meant.

((Hey Kevin, I sent you an email recently about Nagle's Algorhythm and didn't get a reply.  I'll bet your spam filter caught it. Ping me off line and I'll explain how my network has benefited from disabling it.))

Tom, what do you mean by a ball-bearing mousetrap?  (I'm just dense, I think...)

Stan

A tomcat, as Gilligan alluded to.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »
Hehe. I knew I was going to slap my forehead after the explanation....