Author Topic: Replacement bulbs for AmerGraph 150 exposure unit  (Read 1737 times)

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Replacement bulbs for AmerGraph 150 exposure unit
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
Anyone have any alternate sources they've used? Have you used the bulbs and had no issues with them?
Thanks.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Replacement bulbs for AmerGraph 150 exposure unit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
Thanks.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
Is amergraph out of stock?...again?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »
I don't know. I called Monday and today and got their answering service. Didn't leave a message.
I did contact the link you sent, and they said they make the lamp I need, but it's not popular and hadn't made any in a year, and that I'd be better off buying direct from Amergraph if I just need one bulb.
I've got a bulb, but inadvertently buggered up the lamp socket when I put in an older bulb. I ordered a new socket from Bulbtronics, but I don't want to be without a backup, now that I effed-up the one I had.
I've seen other sources for replacements, some about 1/8 the price Amergraph charges, but I'm a little gun-shy about getting something that might screw things up. I manage that well enough on my own, fixing things until they're busted.
Any other sources that folks have had good luck with would be appreciated. I'll call them tomorrow and leave a message if I don't get an actual mouth-breather on the other end.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »
yeah, I would be weary of a cheap bulb.  I was told, and I don't really believe, that a non-amergraph bulb can mess up the power supply and for my machine it's around $3k.  I think they just wanted me to buy their bulb...which was out of stock.

I am surprised they didn't have any bubls for the 150, maybe the 7500 watt bulbs are used in other things and that is why they had some in stock.

That is the big problem with Amergraph, their service is so-so.  Their equipment is awesome, but they need better customer no-service...or an online parts store.