Author Topic: Slow Period of the year?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
Slow Period of the year?
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
Hello world my question of the day is this.......Is it just me here in VA or is it just that time of year for everyone to be slow? Our busiest time of year is spring and summer, but dramatically drops off for winter. What say you??

Thanks in advance,
                           Steve

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Slow Period of the year?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »
Jan/Feb are the slowest, but we do enough different things to keep going okay.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »
Comes up on every forum, every year.
For me, I start to slow down around Thanksgiving and it gradually picks and back to full steam by Valentines Day.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
just about dead last few weeks. Had enough work for three days/week. Things are picking up and should be back to full time or close to it before the Jan is over.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
Slower for sure in December and January for us.  February is usually decent and then it's usually full blast till late November.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
That's funny, I always thought this was the busiest time of the year--maintenance time.   Not for everyone in the shop, I suppose.    ;D

I bet many of the shops cranking out serious numbers right now are printing for nice warm places to visit.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
Weird for us.  Last year December was our best month every.  This year December was our worst month in over a year, and worst by a lot.  It was horrible.  I was bleeding money it felt like.  BUT we do plan for slow times so we trucked right through it, having a good day today so I hope it continues now that everyone is back to work!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »
Slow as a turtle here to, but we've got calls and people coming in just not the good buyers or pulling the trigger just yet.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
It used to taper down in December, but with Embroidery in house now it really ramps up. Lots of Jackets for our Canadian Winter!
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Yeah, we are usually busier than we were in December.  I think people went from elections to Thanksgiving to Christmas and just got burned out and didn't feel like doing crap.  Also, last year seemed to go really fast and I think people weren't even thinking about Christmas until it was right on them.  Strange year for sure.

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 04:46:08 PM »
 So if your not printing what else keeps you busy? we DO also have a few embroidery machines that are keeping is afloat.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
right now we are repainting the office.  it's looking good!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
So if your not printing what else keeps you busy? we DO also have a few embroidery machines that are keeping is afloat.

Pad Printing
Sign Making
Trophies
Parts screenprinting

Plus I have a long list of shop reno's that we didn't get done last Jan when we moved in.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »

Time off!!!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
December had enough jobs to pay the bills and tuck a little away...... Spent time working on my auto and restoring it!