Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 20862 times)

Offline Printhouse

Shop pics.....
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »
I would love to see us share pics of our shops and share how we have things set up.  I always see something that sparks my interest and later implement it in my shop.  I have only been in my space about 3 months but have totally redone everything.  I will take some pics when I get back from the ISS tomorrow afternoon.   

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
In would, but alas, I'm merely an artist.  ::)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
A little tour of my (somewhat)controlled chaos.

Yea, it's messy.
Office is on the second floor and the magic screen room is on the third.
Here we go ...again

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »
OK... My turn.  I just moved into this space in Jan of this year.  When I moved in it was in horrible disrepair.  Ceilings were dropping, no lighting, old pitted concrete floors and EVERYTHING was painting dark blue! I have been taking my time redoing each room one by one.  

My main press room.....

My washout room.  Washout booth on the right is for reclaiming screens and the one on the left is for washing out my new screens....

Ink mixing station....

Emulsing station....

Registration table and my old Harco exposure unit...

This room is a supply room right now but will be my heat press and numbering room after this week...

My office.  This room was all painted ugly yellow...  We did the paint and floors and built a wrap around desk system.  I still draw a lot by hand so my drawing table is in this room....

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:03:42 PM by Printhouse »

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
That's not a screen shop, that's a fricking hospital. ;)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
that looks great!
would you care to come and build some stuff around my place?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
I am a neat freak.  I cannot work if it is messing around me.  This space is coming along slowly but surely.  I want to clean the supply room up this week, hang some squeegee holders and some vinyl racks.  I run a large motorcycle forum and a guy just made me a neon sign with my websites logo for my shop. It is 4 foot long and I am going to hang it over my drawing station.  And everyone has to have s pinball machine!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:24:28 AM by Printhouse »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
BANG!  That is an awesome print shop. Very clean. Don't know if it should stay that way 100% tho.  You know what they say, "a cluttered desk represent a cluttered mind....but what then does an empty desks represent?  LOL.  You need to get some lint on those presses and floors. letter fly.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »
If you told me that you have a pinball machine there, I would stick around a bit more. I do not know how I have missed that.
BTW, very nice place you got there. I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped by. You are missing some shirts on the walls and some ink splatter on the floors and you will be good to go. :)

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:46 AM »
Very nice, but needs a coffee pot to "get going" and a dorm fridge to "unwind" . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
Check the last pic....  Fridge is between the drawing table and the pinball machine.... Coffe machine is on top of it!  Always goodies in the friedge for late night print sessions!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »
My desk

10K blowtorch and FPU

Screen drying area, real official I know

Part of the workflow area

Darkroom

Washout Booth

We park the van inside at the end of the day

Press Area

Manual

Auto

Auto

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
WOW!  Very nice shop. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »
WOW Alan,

I knew you were AR with numbers, but the shop too????

Did you clean it for the pix or does it look like that every day?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
WOW Alan,

I knew you were AR with numbers, but the shop too????

Did you clean it for the pix or does it look like that every day?

pierre

This is a typical day, I shot these pics yesterday afternoon.  We try and sweep it down on Friday afternoons but sometimes we're printing till 5 so it might get a bit dirtier than this.  I will try and take some more pics today.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.