Author Topic: Mammoth Project  (Read 2364 times)

Offline lemorris

Mammoth Project
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
this is for a shirt so there's some relevancy.

I landed this offroad race gig.  It will be held in the town of mammoth, AZ.  the dude wanted a Wolly mammoth in an offroad vehicle.  Since I get asked for that everyday I decided to go for it.

I started out not feeling it...I wanted it a bit nastier and not cute really....so I reworked it rat Fink style which the client was really happy about.

I did the vast majority of the ink work in Painter X using the scratchboard thingy and then bounced it over to Photoshop for color and assembly.  It's all layers and will be printed by Ron at Pierson Productions in Henderson, NV.  I was told they would do 9 colors...yowza.

I included a couple limited pallet options as well.

fun one

-Lemorris

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Mammoth Project
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
Wow.  That is a nice one. Ron is a good printer.  Seems like everything you do is totally hand done. LOVE THAT. Always liked that about your cars. You're a true creative type. ;)

I have some current stuff but don't think I can post it. I can at least post up some very rough sketches. Not finished art. It's licensed stuff for an up and coming event thats a popular event. I have others working on them as well. Multiple designs. We've done 7 designs total so far and 3 more on the way.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline letteringguy

• Verified/Junior
Re: Mammoth Project
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
Lemorris, you freakin' rock! Very cool!