Author Topic: accurip question  (Read 4403 times)

Offline shellyky

accurip question
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »
Accurip--is there a way to limit the program from printing anything below a 5% dot by chance?  Lately photoshop has been showing me 0% black on my white areas, but it prints with a background of single digit dots.  I'll have to play with the levels and reprint it and hope it doesnt print anything that time.  It's odd.  So if i could limit that in the program somehow that woudl be great--wasting paper gets me to level 10 frustration. 

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: accurip question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »
Yeah, I effing hate that. In Photoshop I always try to remember to eyedrop the background of my
channels, in a large area if possible, to check for stray grey.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
Yeah i can't quite find the cause of it--because it "says" i'm at 0%.  it took 3 tries to get it no dots this time...I may have narrowed it down to it coming in as 'grayscale' instead of 'multichannel' (when i delete all but 1 channel in separation studio and bring it in from there i get the dots i think)...but when i bring in all the channels and then delete them from photoshop, it seems OK. 

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »
Hi Guys (and girls)
I have 3 printers and accuRIP everywhere in the art dept. We run about 15 rolls of film a week. I think it is all about photoshop. Look to your background and see if it has a percentage in it. We use EPSON 4880 and 7880 with no issue. I think the EPSON's with lower product numbers will give you this kind of issue but I'm not sure about this.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Out of PS set the color management to "no color management"

Unless you're running cs5 which looks to be bad news for printing seps out of...

http://www.softwareforscreenprinterstech.com/component/rsticketspro/view-article/24-acc-0704--accurip-prints-halftones-in-wrong-areas-from-photoshop-file

Lots of pretty decent articles in there by Charlie as well. 

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »
Accurip--is there a way to limit the program from printing anything below a 5% dot by chance?  Lately photoshop has been showing me 0% black on my white areas, but it prints with a background of single digit dots.  I'll have to play with the levels and reprint it and hope it doesnt print anything that time.  It's odd.  So if i could limit that in the program somehow that woudl be great--wasting paper gets me to level 10 frustration.
Call Freehand and ask them what the simple fix is. I think you can go into the Advanced Dot Gain feature and clip the 5% to zero, which will lock the 5% from ever printing. At least this is my assumption.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
as already mentioned by Zoo, it is your printer color management. Make sure it is turned off, that will solve your problem.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline shellyky

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:17:09 PM »
thanks guys ill check out both of those options