Author Topic: 4880 Ink, its time to replace, but with what?  (Read 5082 times)

Offline shellyky

4880 Ink, its time to replace, but with what?
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
I have been using the ryonet black max 220ml x 8 but it's about $800.....i know there are more cheeaper options out there.... so what are they? I need to order within the next 2 days...Thank you!

POST LINKS ON WHAT I NEED TO BUY SPECIFICALLY :) lol

(i do have the chip resetter and just had to use it because it wouldn't let me print anymore from being too low...now im freaking out because they were indeed light as a feather, felt like maybe 1/2" tops of ink in there)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:50:50 AM by shellyky »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 4880 Ink, its time to replace, but with what?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
That's absurd. Go to inkjetcars.com or inksupply.com. They both sell refillable cartridges and ink. I'm just setting up a 4800 I picked up, which will run one black and 7 with cleaning fluid. I currently run a 1400 with just one head, no longer using the all black (better halftones, get your loupe out). Solid blacks are just fine. I was paying $150 everytime I refilled ($25 per cart) until I found this. A 30 dollar pint of dye based black will fill the 13 ml cartridges up to 36 times. That's considerable...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »
Try Filmsdirect or Cobra Ink Systems in North Carolina.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:45 PM »
I agree go with one head ink rest cleaning solution. Everytime the printer performs a head cleaning it will use up ink from all heads, why waste it on valuable ink. I get my ink from Garmentdecoratingsupply.com 1 liter (1,000) ml for $146. They also sell the cleaning solution dirt cheap.
"No man is an island"

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »
I've been very pleased wit the durability of the Bohica ink & film that Lee's Screen Supply in Houston sells. I had switched from something else that was coming off on the emulsion if it wasn't utterly & completely dry, and this stuf fixed me right up.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
For those who don't know, Bohica stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »
I thought that was a weird brand name, but that wasn't a joke -- I've been using the stuff for a couple of years.

I still ain't ever gonna order any of that "Icky, Stanky Oogy Stinky Poo" ink remover, no matter how good it is.  :D
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
inkjetcarts.us its cheap and works great.  Its actually whats in Blackmaxx.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline easyscore

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
Try these guys:
http://www.ink2image.com/

We just refill our All Black cartridges with a syringe and use the chip resetter.

Happy hunting!

Offline shellyky

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »
Mike, that sounds pricey. I pay $18.00 per pint, (I thought it was $30, but I just checked) 2 of those is a quart, just under a liter. (I know you know that).

Steve

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
Mike, that sounds pricey. I pay $18.00 per pint, (I thought it was $30, but I just checked) 2 of those is a quart, just under a liter. (I know you know that).

Steve

Yea it is pricey but I have been using his since he left Fresners, and it has always worked awesome. This was before all these other guys came out with cheaper inks and I have just been a bit nervous switching ink with all the headaches I already get from these epsons. Maybe tho its time.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
So i would need this set of 8
http://store.inkjetcarts.us/epson-pro-4880-refillable-cartridge-set-of-8-p4645.aspx

and a liter of this?
http://store.inkjetcarts.us/screen-positive-black-hybrid-ink-p4487.aspx

...and i fill all 8 cartridges with black?

Are you running AccuRIP? (I was assuming that based on your replacement cost from Ryonet) I'm about to run one cartridge (the black one) with the dye-based black, and the rest with cleaning fluid. As mentioned earlier, when the printer does it's automatic head cleaning, you'll only waste ink from one cartridge instead of all 8. If you're in AccuRIP, then go to "Set Up" under the file menu, make sure Multi-Black is checked, then only the black cartridge
checked. Cyan, Lt. Cyan, Magenta, Lt. Magenta, Lt. Black and Lt. Lt. Black all unchecked. I got this from one of the other members, I believe it's correct. I'll know better tomorrow when I get ours set up.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
Films Direct is real good ink. You can do as many black cart as you want and fill them as needed. I use one on mine.
http://www.filmdirectonline.com/products/Multi-Black-Large-Format-Ink-Kit.html

Then all I do is buy ink when I need it.
Shane

Offline shellyky

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
So i would need this set of 8
http://store.inkjetcarts.us/epson-pro-4880-refillable-cartridge-set-of-8-p4645.aspx

and a liter of this?
http://store.inkjetcarts.us/screen-positive-black-hybrid-ink-p4487.aspx

...and i fill all 8 cartridges with black?

Are you running AccuRIP? (I was assuming that based on your replacement cost from Ryonet) I'm about to run one cartridge (the black one) with the dye-based black, and the rest with cleaning fluid. As mentioned earlier, when the printer does it's automatic head cleaning, you'll only waste ink from one cartridge instead of all 8. If you're in AccuRIP, then go to "Set Up" under the file menu, make sure Multi-Black is checked, then only the black cartridge
checked. Cyan, Lt. Cyan, Magenta, Lt. Magenta, Lt. Black and Lt. Lt. Black all unchecked. I got this from one of the other members, I believe it's correct. I'll know better tomorrow when I get ours set up.

Yes i have seen that option in there before...it seems kinda scary to try but i guess it works...  did i link to the correct ink in my post?  if so, i think im going to go ahead and buy that and the maintenence tank stuffin'