Author Topic: PFDs and PAddles  (Read 2176 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
PFDs and PAddles
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
I need to print on the back of PFD's (personal flotation device) or lifejackets..LOL 

and......PAddles....

nylon pfd's i beleive...i can't send through the conveyer...should i cure them with a flash...actually that will be tough now that my flash is on or off. no temp control....or should i use an air dry ink?  100 pfd's...really no space to put them...would be great to somehow take it on the road and print at their rafting base....

now these paddles...concerned with the shaft down the center...any ideas how to print these?  maybe make some sort of stencil and brush the ink on?  air dry?  100 paddles at least if not more...

here is the pic of the paddles..

If i could do this at their base somehow..,.I could hit all the rafting companies up there because i know them...

thanks

Rob

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: PFDs and PAddles
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
a pad printer would be the easiest way of printing the paddles.  The other one would be a very small screen that would miss the shaft.  Maybe a cap screen. 

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »
Life jackets air dry ink or regular stencil ink. Same with the paddles. Stencils work better then screens for doing this. The PFD fabric tends to move around a lot and easier to just hold a stencil with your hand and spray or roll the image. Contrasting color will meet CG regs. Usually black ink on orange life jackets. The stencil ink will dry quickly
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:35:11 AM by Binkspot »

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
a Stencil ink? does Nazdar carry that you think?

Maybe a cap screen with airdry and just set the screen on and squeegee..then i can just lay the paddles out and just hit them one by one...

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
I get it from MC Master Carr, about $20 a quart, comes in 6 or 7 colors. The stuff dries almost instantly, goes on with a roller or bristle brush and stencil. I am not exaggerating but have done hundreds of life jackets and immersion suits over the years with the stuff.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
thanks Bink..!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Bink...i cant find the ink on the site...am i blind?

never mind....found it...LOL

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »
another question...I thin they want their logo..Bink with that ink, can i squeegee it through a screen?  or will it dry to quick?

How am i to make a stencil other than a screen?