Author Topic: Auto indexing question  (Read 3075 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Auto indexing question
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:15:34 AM »
What does your auto press call it when you disengage the indexer for free rotation? I always assumed it was "free wheel" mode. Anyone have it called anything else?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Auto indexing question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »
"Free Index"
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:45:35 AM »
On newer MHM's it is table lock.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »
never had a name for it.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
some presses don't free index. The Srough is much like a MHM. The only MHM press that free Indexes is the e-type if I remember correctly. The s-type and 3000/4000 are permanently locked. This could be the same for you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:36:01 PM by Jon »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »
Half index on the S-Types, doesn't unlock.

Keeps the kids from flinging the tables around though.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
yours has the "go to" function and a jog left/right function correct? mine free wheels. you can't because of the chain drive

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »
I can "free wheel" just fine on mine, it is just that it is called "release star". Works fine, just never heard it called a star and I was curious what other companies called that function. Sorry I wasn't super clear in the original post, I was on my phone... Seems like before work and after is the only time I get to come check the boards!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
Ours is "free wheel".  RPM.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
I can "free wheel" just fine on mine, it is just that it is called "release star". Works fine, just never heard it called a star and I was curious what other companies called that function. Sorry I wasn't super clear in the original post, I was on my phone... Seems like before work and after is the only time I get to come check the boards!

Seriously? you can disengage that thing? I thought for sure you couldn't. It took me like 3 weeks to  "get it" what release star was. that the press was the Star.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »
Ya we can disengage it or free wheel it. Think we may call it shooting star mode! ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 07:20:32 AM »
The Zelko press that i learned on (how to fix - it was always broken) called it "Latch Free"

we finally got rid of the two Zelkos when they started to print without anyone starting the press.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »
The Zelko press that i learned on (how to fix - it was always broken) called it "Latch Free"

we finally got rid of the two Zelkos when they started to print without anyone starting the press.

You need to change that user name then!
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
I hink Duane is the only one on here that knows what a Zelco even looks like! BTW you'd be suprised at what kind of quality they put out on those things.
www.jsrmerchandising.com

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »

You need to change that user name then!

the name is more to be funny - when registering for the forums years ago i couldnt think of a username - i looked up and saw an old membrane panel for the Zelko that i have in my cubicle, and combined it with 4-EVA (first thing that popped into my head).

i could have/should have chosen "Ink Boy" as that was my nickname in the early years of working here.  i found a misprint of a Pink Floyd shirt - used the spot remover gun - removed the P and parts of Floyd so it read "ink boy"

the Zelko press was fun to learn on - we had two ten color presses - all air.  they had a V- squeegee that was a pain to clean, the control panel communicated to the motherboard with a cable that looked like a Ethernet cord - it was always twisting up as the control panel was able to move 350 degrees around the press.