Author Topic: Another Emulsion? CCI WR-14  (Read 4426 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Another Emulsion? CCI WR-14
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
All the great qualities of WR25 but with twice as fast exposure time and without the doodoo brown color.  Its green.
Got samples today and will be testing this week, but I here its badass.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Another Emulsion? CCI WR-14
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
Do tell more once you've tested it.  I'm very interested in this.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
Yes please keep us posted. Burned 10 screens on Friday with the wr25 and it was 400%+ slower than chromablue. Blah.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 07:42:45 AM »
I knew this was coming up and glad to see it's out. CCI is really stepping up their game.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:06 PM »
ok, exposed some screens today and printed one job.  First, its does expose faster than wr25.  About a minute faster on my 3140.  Color is blueish green, which is far better than WR25's dookie brown.  I had zero problems on press without a hardener, but it was a short run.  will tell more when I learn more.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »
I used some about 4 months ago. It did fine. Detail was good. Only issue was it exposed in about 50 seconds. With my set up aquasol hv exposes in 18 seconds. My screen cleaning girl did say it was harder to reclaim.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 06:08:36 AM »
CCI is sending a gal to test shipping from Cali shd be here by Friday

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »
Zombie thread....

anyone using this? I am being forced out of CCI HXT and exploring my options....

Looking at CCI only due to availability - LXP the led specific stuff, wr14, wr25.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 10:46:04 AM »
We have tried just about everything. We have stuck with WR14 for anything High detail. Its awesome. We have a starlight...it exposes in about 25-30 secs. Rinses out all dots super easy. Then we post expose the living crap out of it otherwise it breaks down. So back on the starlight for another 50 seconds. Two at a time rotating them, then in front of a t5 high bay light.

No more issues with breaking down. On reclaim we spray ink degradent, power wash, let sit for a while to let excess water run off. Then emulsion remover and lightly scrub both sides, let it sit for a minute. Reclaims pretty easy after that.

Best of all you can throw water based ink in it...usually we just print straight plastisol.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »
post expose must be the key for that stuff.  We tried it and it's ok, but it would breakdown on plasti around 100 prints or so....very frustrating.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »
ouch, thanks guys. think I'll avoid it. I am moving from HXT because we add diazo to it, I was having a hell of a time sourcing the diazo but I think I found a solution, so I may not need to switch after all! Still want to try out the LXP but getting a sample is easier said than done for some reason.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »
Im telling you man, Murikami T9 sbq. No diazo, no hardener. Just did a bunch of wb jobs this week again, not a single sign of break down. Little post expose turns it into rock solid awesome stencil. The detail it holds is amazing as well. Our halftones have gotten significantly nicer with it as well. It's the bomb!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »
Do you still need to add a little water to it to get it to coat easier?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »
Do you still need to add a little water to it to get it to coat easier?

T9? Not at all. I keep the bucket in use, in the screen room, pretty warm in there. No issues coating at all. Reclaims like a dream as well. I'll only post expose if using for WB/Discharge. The exposure times never change. When we used HXT for WB/Discharge, we had to significantly increase the exposure times to insure a strong screen.  The T9 is the real deal for sure. Spot Color Supply stocks it now too.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »
I got in a sample when it was in Beta.  Really rough to coat with.  It did level out why dry... but before that it left big long streaks in the coat.  Made me very nervous.

Maybe I should ask RC if they have another sample.

We will be going to Direct to Screen with a stand alone starlight later this year and I want a single emulsion that will do 60 lpi down to a 3% dot consistently but then turn around and do long run HSA/Discharge.

Currently using the Saati PHU, but options are awesome :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.