Author Topic: Tri-Loc and Registration off on one head?  (Read 858 times)

Offline EmbellishAthletics

• Verified/Junior
Tri-Loc and Registration off on one head?
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
We are having issues with our registration being off a little after setting up with Tri-Loc.  It seems to be off on only head number 1 where 90% of the time we are printing our underbase.  The underbase always needs to be moved up and to the left....just a couple of tweaks with the micros.

Is there something we should do to correct this?  We are using a DTS so the screens are registered dead on and would like the tri-loc to be the same.

Thanks

Offline shellyky

Re: Tri-Loc and Registration off on one head?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
My sportsman does this...i always assumed it was because the shirt is getting the initial "stick down" and its being pushed a little lower...i haven't experimented with trying UB on head 2 to see if the same...but yeah i pretty much always move it up a little before i test print

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
We always "pre-lube" to prevent or minimize this by flipping the heads back and forth from front to rear and hitting reset. This is done prior to actually printing the first test print. Old trick.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »
Tony could you give more details.  I guess I am not understanding flipping the head back and forth?  We are running a Sportsman also.....

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »
Screens are inked both in front of the squeegee and at the top of the screen. What you are doing is running the sq/fl back and forth (without actually printing) while the print head is in the up position. Hope that helps.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »
That helps.  We will give it a try.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:02 PM »
That helps.  We will give it a try.
Also make sure the screen is not hitting the back of the screen holder in that head front and rear. Should be about 1/2 clearance between the screen and the back of the screen holder. Last but not least make sure the rear micro is tight and the screen holder is not pivoting.
Rich Hoffman