Author Topic: a call from the man...  (Read 1676 times)

Offline nobrainsd

a call from the man...
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:26:06 AM »
So, I got a call from Senor Frog today. Checking up on my current address. What can I say? I was honored to hear from the iconic amphibian, but keep wondering just what I might I get in the mail.? A bill for JBLUE and my tequila shots at the Long Beach show? :) Maybe a free fatboy size t shirt from the illustrious one himself? Ahhhhhh, who knows! I will be eagerly anticipating the mail until I know.

Currently working craigslist for a great rotary screw compressor deal. That's what happens when you hang with the automatic crew at ISS!

Thanks to all on TSB for the inspiration.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: a call from the man...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:30:51 AM »
You have to have a address to file a restraining order. Just saying...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »
How many shots did we have again? ::) When your ready to print that I will take a XXL
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
Restraining order? That's just soooo wrong... well maybe possible!

Not enough shots! JBLUE I so need to roll up and check your set up. Just too old to be running an 8 color manual. Always willing to PAY for my tequila :)

Will send a shirt if you PM me an address.

Still really happy with my ULF magna DC ink! This will be big on the back in 8 colors and smaller on the front with 8 colors on charcoal t's. Maybe a hoodie or two. Nice to be able to print something I want to print! It does happen sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:52:09 AM by nobrainsd »

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »
Anytime you want the door is open. If you can wait a couple of weeks come on up and we can run it on the auto. Then I can make a couple more for myself...... ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
that place is 10 min away from us. If you find something you like, I can run over there on a saturday and take a look.
It can be hard to tell the condition of the equipment from the pictures, it just does not come across right thus the offer to go and take a look.
Also they will negotiate on pricing. If you find something you like, try to bargain with them. So far everything I bought from them was discounted from the asking price. They do know the value of the items they are selling and will not give it away if they can get full price, but items that have been around for a while can be had for 50% off.

They offer 30 days money back for what it's worth. You might be out on shipping, but at least you will not be out the full amount.

I've also been told by a guy that works there that they have a pretty high return rate on the compressors.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »
Dang, There are a lot of big compressors on that site! But I am really looking for a smaller 1 phase rotary screw compressor. Will have to peruse the site some more. Thinking about buying a compressor and building in a free standing room with airconditioning and a big incoming air baffle. See how it goes as far as sound. Want to insulate and sheetrock my garage anyways. I can always sell a good compressor if it won't fly. Hard to really guage what 65 db will be like.

Not sure I'm ready for an auto and a rent payment! But a real space would be sweet.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
i got my expo unit there.  got a great deal on it, i took the dents out and repainted it and it looks great now.  works great as well.