Author Topic: printing poly reversible jerseys  (Read 1994 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
printing poly reversible jerseys
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:18:35 PM »
Most of you guys most likely know this but it was an adapt improvise and overcome move for me...and it worked for our manual press.

we had to print a small load of poly jerseys just on one side with one color. Even though these were the open bottom types they didn't fit over my manual press pallets too well ( youth sizes just would not go between the layers)
instead we took some 1/8 pressboard we had cut them to suitable shape and coated BOTH SIDES with our water based adhesive.

Added the jesseys to the press with BOTH layers on the platten, straightened the placement and set the inner layer to the platten adhesive.
Next we inserted the pressboard between the two layers of jersey and pressed everything down. The result is a sandwich of inside of the jersey down on the pallet....top side of the jersey inner layer  to the underside of the pressboard......top of the pressboard to the underside of the outer layer jersey and boom everything is stuck to something. this would be great for multi color jobs the hold is that good...nothing moves!
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: printing poly reversible jerseys
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
I feel sorry for the poor bastid who does mutli color work on those reversibles  :o

In all my years I've only done single color 1 hit wonders on those things.

I used to use newspaper on the board so it would stick to the ink and not cover my boards with ink. then peel it off at the back of the dryer.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »
I feel sorry for the poor bastid who does mutli color work on those reversibles  :o

In all my years I've only done single color 1 hit wonders on those things.

I used to use newspaper on the board so it would stick to the ink and not cover my boards with ink. then peel it off at the back of the dryer.

We do not offer multi color on these unless they pay the premium for us to order plastisol transfers. Transfers are the best looking way to do these and can do multi color but it takes so much more time. We simply print single color flash, go a few rounds flash the tables and scrape off the build up and repeat, works great.
"No man is an island"

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
Transfers are the best looking way to do these

Yes they are.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ondalevel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:52:37 AM »
I have an order of 12 coming up and told the customer that the only way I would do the two color logo is to do it in vinyl.  It is  almost $9.00 per logo and I need 2 per jersey and then two sets of numbers...  I tried a three color logo on my sons team with a name brand in and after about 8 months of washing and hanging to dry the logo was cracking.... I am small but don't want any complaints, so vinyl it is from now on.