Author Topic: 1st Auomatic Refurb Javelin Help  (Read 6203 times)

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
1st Auomatic Refurb Javelin Help
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
Hello I'm a Newbie, I just bought a refurbished Javelin, had a huge leak in one of the Mac Valve, replaced the Bad Mac Valve Stopped the leak, now when i try to start production the Table comes up then turns one time, but the squeegee heads want print, however when air 1st go into the machine the squeegee move but want print when table up. Any idea what might be keeping it from starting production?

Thanks Jake

Offline Northland

Re: 1st Auomatic Refurb Javelin Help
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »
If the machine was used with a flashback in the past.... it may be looking for a permission signal that the flashback is out of the path of the squeegee (before it allows a print stroke) ??
I haven't had a TUF for a few years.. I may be mistaken about the sequence.

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
Thanks Northland,  I will ask the guy i purchased it from, i know he had a standard Infrared Flash that he included in the sale. I also notice that after it stays up I have to power it off to get the table back down, then when I power it back up the head that i tried to print will try slowly try to move, It may move an inch but not a complete stroke.

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
UPDATE! I found out that the screen holders were to close " set to standard Size Manual Screens" & it seemed the squeegee were jammed, they now move, bust still not printing & Flooding,  also found a another air leak on the Drive Cylinder "Prob need to get a New One, now when i try to start production table comes up & the selected print head strokes but don't flood. Also Ive attached a photo of the table up, do it suppose to go up farther than this?

Thanks Jake

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »
Under the machine there is a spot for the flash to pug in. See if there is a dummy plug in the port. If there is nothing and you have an empty spot for a plug that is most likely the problem. If the machine does not see the plug or the plug for the flash unit it will not print. Learned that the same when we we had our Jav.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
Ditto what Blue said you have to have that dummy plug in. Its been a while for me and the Jav but I remember it being very complicated tryng to get the program set right with the dummy plug and flash connector.

There is a really good home made manual on the Jav somewhere floating around it explains exactly how to do the set up to get the machine to work correctly with or with out the flash or with the flash in Table up mode. Maybe someone here still has it and will post a link to it.
"No man is an island"

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
Yea i would love to have that manual also,  Update On javelin... I called Phil at Workhorse today & he got me up and going, very patient & walked me threw a series of stuff I had no clue about, being this is my 1st Automatic my problem was the Table Sensor was not reading that the table was up, I had to adjust the 3 Bolts by the table Sensor, then it took off! I Can't wait to try it tomorrow! Thanks to you Guys help in responding, I'm a Newbie here but love the board already! Thanks A Million Guys!

Jake

Offline Northland

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »
Workhorse has a good web page for trouble-shooting (it's only opens with Internet Explorer for some reason):

http://www.tufproducts.com/parts/service/troubleshoot.cfm

There's other links at the bottom of this page:
http://www.workhorseproducts.com/products/javelin-automatic-screen-printing-press-textile-printer

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
Got it printing, is there any way to adjust how hard the table turns after print, mine prints & turn pretty hard "Not Smooth", sorry for my not knowing almost got it running.

Thanks Sean

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
if you look at to the left of the home station you will see a plug with a spring on it under the pallet arms. This plug determines how hard the machine turns to the next station mine takes an allen wrench to turn and adjust to your suit. Good luck that is a tough machine!

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
There is a flow control on the indexer, a micro switch on the slide and a shock/stop at the end of the stroke. You can try closing the flow control a little but keep in mind it may affect the shock and micro switch performance and one or the other or both may need to be adjusted to get it right. Most likely you will have to adjust the flow control and shock to get a smooth index and a soft stop, not a crash.

What exactly is it doing. Slamming at the end of the stroke or jumpy, too fast or slow, etc.

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Update, I finally got this puppy indexing smoothly, i added some small inline air regulators to the index & table down airlines & adjusted my table slow down switch & that fixed it, now it table down & stops smoothly. I'm so excited. I'm currently adjusting pallets & off contact & playing with Squeegee pressure to get smooth prints. Thanks a million for all of you guys help!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
When did you post that table up registration fork image? I never seen it in this thread till now. Anyways from what I can see in the pic I think anyways but the pic could be really bad it does not look like the registration bearing is engaged in the fork far enough. That bearing has to be as far in the fork as the bearing is wide and has to be far enough in to be past the very beginning of the fork because the fist few mils are tapered or they were on my Jav anyways. Is there spacers on the table carriage for off contact adjustment?
"No man is an island"

Offline sirsean

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
@inkman996, yes Phil @ workhorse help me with the registration fork, I have that fixed now, I'm actually printing a little, I have a few pallets that's not printing smoothly on second color. Hopefully i can get them leveled out & going. RMonks  is sending me a manual tonight. It's all coming together. Thank you, thank you, Thank You.

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »
you`re welcome, you`re welcome, you`re welcome.