Author Topic: new squeegees! (Joe Clarke's and double bevels)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
new squeegees! (Joe Clarke's and double bevels)
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »
I got in some new squeegees this week and I'm going to start experimenting with them.

I got a medium and hard duro double bevel from Xenon (Sonny).

I also got in a Smiling Jack, Dr J, and Manny from Joe Clarke.

I'm going to start experimenting with them today. I will be testing them with white on back (normal coverage) and will later test half tones, etc.

I'll post results later.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: new squeegees! (Joe Clarke's and double bevels)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »
If you haven't already, take some time and go through the tutorials and information on Joe's site.  I need to work with the ones I have too. The thing is, to reap the benefits you need to use them correctly. Joe makes some killer stuff! I can't/wont comment on the double bevel. I have a few and use them once in a while, but not for regular printing.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:40:10 PM »
If you haven't already, take some time and go through the tutorials and information on Joe's site.  I need to work with the ones I have too. The thing is, to reap the benefits you need to use them correctly. Joe makes some killer stuff! I can't/wont comment on the double bevel. I have a few and use them once in a while, but not for regular printing.

Joe was very impressive in providing information and telling me to be sure to contact him if I don't get the results I was expecting. He seems very knowledged and appears to take a lot of pride in his product.  It seems like a lot of thought went into his product and I am hoping I can reap these benefits.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »
I have a few manny blades and they are great for fine detail wb and DC.  It's still kinda brutal using them on the manual but they make a very clean print with good saturation.  You'll be using a much more upright angle to print with these.

Let us know how you like the Dr j.  I'm ordering a set of winged floods for the gauntlet and thinking about some Dr j for certain plastisol prints.  The concept us very similar to how we print manually.

Offline ol man

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
Personally, i really like Sonnys beveled squeegee's. the blue ones

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
I am using nothing but the smiling jacks, manny's and Dr J's right now.  I've got two of the double beveled blades from Sonny and they were great blades when we used them.  They've since lost their sharp edge but they still make a killer underbase. 

I love Joe's new blades.  Let me know if you have any questions about the blades as well, I've been using them for about 3 years now.  I know the Manny was made for manual guys, but they kick ass on the auto too and they work great all the way up to a 225 S thread for us.  We go to the Smiling Jack for higher mesh counts.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.