Author Topic: M&R Economax D dryer for Discharge printing?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline sonicweaponprinting

• Verified/Junior
  • Screen Printing and Design from Kansas City, USA
M&R Economax D dryer for Discharge printing?
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »
I'm looking to upgrade my dryer to an M&R dryer. I was looking at something 24-36" in general,  the only other dryer in it's class I've seen advertised as being able to properly cure Discharge inks is the BBC Forced Air Dryer (http://www.bbcind.com/forcedairdryers.aspx) , but it doesnt look nearly as advanced as the M&R dryers.

I can't go the gas route as I dont have the space for a larger gas dryer since I run my shop out of my home basement. The Economax looks like a great dryer but I was wondering if anyone out there has used one for discharge, or if they'd recommend another IR dryer M&R makes that would be able to do the job without running the shirts through the dryer twice. I'd most likely opt for the 3rd IR Panel they have as an option if it was to guarantee a proper discharge.

Id like the ability to do full discharge without fumes or venting issues since I'm in a basement (I can vent through a window we use now) so I'm curious if the M&R vents relieve all of that too even with the forced air. I'm interested in doing discharge underbasing with Plastisol soft inks on top too for versatility, which would do the best job for all these?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: M&R Economax D dryer for Discharge printing?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
It'll probably work but it will be a slow go. Check out the Ranar Turbo Jetstar series. I think they have models as small as 8' feet and still cure discharge at a decent rate, for a manual at least. They're a forced air dryer so it should work well.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: M&R Economax D dryer for Discharge printing?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:13:40 AM »
I have a very old economax dryer and I run discharge with it using and auto, but yes its very slow and I have to know how large the design will be, that way I can fold the shirts to get more shirts on the belt at one time.  You can just about make anything work with a little luck and know how...would it be the proper setup NO!, but you'd be surprised at what you can do if you had no other choice.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!