Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558075 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1050 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
Here is a few we've done although after seeing the others posted here, it makes me feel like a beginner for sure.  The first one is just a 4 color process we did last summer, the second one is a sim process and the last was a discharge underbase and plastisol top colors.  Forgive the blurry iphone pics.  I'll have to get a real camera one day.  By the way there have been some awesome printing posted here.  I'm just glad some of you aren't my close competitors.  I'd have to get a new profession.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:35:56 PM by ShirtShackandMore »
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #1051 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »
That 4 color job is really nice Shirt Shack. Keep it up.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Lizard

« Reply #1052 on: January 10, 2014, 07:04:52 PM »
Here is one more. Low budget five color print.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1053 on: January 10, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
Nice seps on that 'low-budget' print...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1054 on: January 10, 2014, 08:17:35 PM »
Shirt Shack, that process print is ...priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless......priceless...

That fish art looks familiar. Is that a Great Dane Graphics art file?   Funny,  I have a mullet fish I did pencils on that is sort of in the same position...playing the sax.  But mine has blue jeans on and boots. Fins are inside the boots (of course).

Nice one.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:21:02 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #1055 on: January 10, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »
Been lurking all the great prints for a while...very nice work displayed.

Here are a couple from this summer.
Six color sim process 50 lpi @ 22.5 deg.
230 white base - flash
300 mesh top colors - wet on wet

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1056 on: January 10, 2014, 11:13:02 PM »
Been lurking all the great prints for a while...very nice work displayed.

Here are a couple from this summer.
Six color sim process 50 lpi @ 22.5 deg.
230 white base - flash
300 mesh top colors - wet on wet

Great printing with 6 colors getting all of that in there. I bet it was "a bear" to print.  Bud dump bump.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1057 on: January 12, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »
Nothing fancy but here are two we have done recently. The first is 5 spot colors, the second is flo green on some Dickies work jackets.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1058 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
Nothing special with this one but it turned out good.  We didn't end up using the top/highlight white due to the shirt color being light and the opacity we got from the underbase screen.  I don't think we even needed the UB screen and we could have gotten the red to look great on that shirt color without it but we had it set up quickly and the UB was there so we used it.  I usually look at the jobs closely before we start shooting the screens and normally would have tried the job without an UB but this one slipped by me.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1059 on: January 13, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
Here's one of our latest prints that I'm actually proud to show here... everybody's awesome work makes our run of the mill 1 and 2 color non-halftone stuff look like amateur hour.

seperations from sep studio
5 color sericol discharge with 4 of the colors matched to the sep-studio pantone recommendations.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1060 on: January 13, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
That's a really nice print nothing amateur about that.  I use sep studio also but still need to import some more ink sets. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1061 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »
We are in the shop as we speak cranking out the official Nike Bronco's AFC championship shirts! Here's a quick pic I took with a pile of stacked shirts. We have jammed out several thousand shirts already. My guys are killing it right now, our CH3 press is running 90 doz/hr! I need more ch3 presses! Our little diamondback is struggling here tonight LOL.... The worst part about this job is having to put 2 stickers on every shirt. Total PITA

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2014, 12:18:57 AM »
Gotta love that kind of work when it can go smooth. Congrats.  Nice order.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:17 AM »
Nice work danny and if one happens to fall on the ground and get kicked under a table, an Xl , I'll send you my address. FYI your prints in the booth were nice

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1064 on: January 20, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Thanks guys, lol @ Ryan...... Out of all the shirts we printed we had 21 rejects and most had holes or manf. stains in them so very few shirts. Nike had 2 reps in our shop making damn sure we didn't let any shirts magically disappear. Finally done swimming in orange and blue out here as the production has now shifted to a large factory w/ 18+ autos. We did our part to get shirts in the stores by early am today so we are done unless there's re orders this week which is an unknown right now. Now we are done with orange and blue, figured I post what we are swimming in today. Purple shirts for mountain dew. This is a 7 color print(all spot) going on black and purple shirts. This is one of those jobs that usually drive me nuts but this was 1 pass on all colors, 1 revolution so I'm pumped with that. After working with Nike on some of these nfl shirts, I've seen their specs where they run a 7 color print w/ 5 flashes.......Most all the specs I saw from the large factory was flashing between every color, I found that very interesting!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse